Ferrara Highlights Small Group Tour with a Local Guide
Ferrara can be considered an ideal city, its layout is the result of meticulous urban planning, completed and implemented in 1492, this town is indeed the realization of the humanist concept of the ideal city and the only planned Renaissance town to have been completed.
Given this premise you surely cannot miss a deep and learned tour of the most important monuments and palaces in order not only to enjoy their beauty but also to understand their profound meaning and importance.
During our 2.5 hours small group walking tour our knowledgeable guide will illustrate the story of Ferrara making it come alive, we guarantee you will feel completely engaged with the city atmosphere.
You will not only like beautiful monuments such as the Estense castle, the Town Hall, the Palazzo dei Diamanti, you will perceive the feelings that still permeate these buildings full of history and stories.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Admission tickets
- English speaking local guide
- Entry/Admission - Ghetto Ebraico di Ferrara
- Entry/Admission - Castello Estense
What's excluded :
- Pick up / drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ghetto Ebraico di Ferrara, 44100, Ferrara Italy
Walking through the ancient via delle Volte you will reach the Jewish area, one of the largest and best preserved in Italy, the Jews of Ferrara were not forced to live in the quarter until the beginning of the seventeenth century. The Este family in fact embraced the Jews community and the city was a center of Italian and European Judaism.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Castello Estense, Largo Castello 1, 44121, Ferrara Italy
The heart of the city is based around the impressive red-brick Estense castle, over the centuries the need for a defensive fortress with drawbridge and moats receded and the castle was gradually converted into an impressive residence, Lucrezia Borgia herself lived here; an elevated covered passageway, which still exists, joined the military building to the main family residence, the current Town hall.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Savonarola, 44121 Ferrara FE, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.