Hunt the light off the paved road to - literally! On Svalbard, normal vehicles are not allowed off-road, but tracked vehicles like our unique and specially designed snowcats are. This means you can get further from the light pollution of town, and away from cars and streetlights, to improve your chances of seeing the aurora borealis.
On this tour your guide will carefully drive the snowcat onto the snow-covered tundra, and take you in comfort into the wilderness. They will make stops and share information about the aurora, while helping you to scour the skies for its green glow.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Coffee and/or Tea - Hot coffee or blackcurrant toddy
- Snacks - Biscuits
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Warm, windproof clothing and winter shoes
- Wheelchair guests must contact us at least 48 hours in advance to organise ramp.
- Entry/Admission - Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Vei 229-3, Longyearbyen 9171, Norway
This is the pick up location, before we head into the wilderness.
Duration: 1 minute
Departure Point :Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Vei 229-3, Longyearbyen 9171, Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Once place per tour available for wheelchair. Must contact us at least 72 hours prior to confirm.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.