Film and TV Location Tours at the Old Royal Naval College
Spot the locations being used in place of Buckingham Palace’s courtyard in The Crown (2016-2019).
Inside the Painted Hall, see where Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman waltzed the night away in Indiscreet (1958).
Walk in the footsteps of Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady (2011) and Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides (2011).
View the Painted Hall backdrop for a scene in The Madness of King George (1994) cleverly chosen for its paintings depicting George I, the great grandfather of King George III.
Visit Lower Grand Square which hosted a crashed spacecraft in a climactic battle scene in Thor: The Dark World (2013).
In the Chapel, view the wedding venue of Rowan Atkinson’s famous performance in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994).
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided Film & TV Tour, lasting 60 minutes
- Entry to the Painted Hall and Victorian Skittle Alley
- Entry/Admission - Old Royal Naval College
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old Royal Naval College, College Way, London SE10 9NN England
From a starring role as Buckingham Palace in The Crown to 19th century revolutionary Paris in Les Misérables, the Old Royal Naval College has provided the setting for some of the most memorable scenes in major film and TV productions. On this tour you will be guided through over 60 years of filming both on our iconic riverside grounds and inside the magnificent Painted Hall.
Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour of ‘the most popular filming location in the world‘ (Empire magazine).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Greenwich, London SE10 9LW, UK
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We have implemented several new precautions and followed Government and VisitBritain advice so that visitors have a safe and enjoyable visit. We have signs outlining guidance across the site to help visitors stay safe whilst they are at the venue.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.