The amazing Fimmvörðuháls Trek is certainly one of the most popular hike amongst locals. This 25 km hike offers stunning landscapes, including everything from craters, volcanoes, glaciers, dozens of waterfalls and one of the most picturesque nature reserve in Iceland. The hike passes Eyjafjallajökull volcano, which is famous for it´s 2010 volcanic eruption, forming two new craters, Magni and Móði. The hike takes you from one of the most famous waterfalls in Iceland, Skógafoss, to Thorsmörk, the valley of Thor.
This fertile oasis is an untouched paradise, where we will spend the evening and reflecting on our challenging but amazing day. The memories made along the trek are sure to be with you for life.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
The amazing Fimmvörðuháls Trek is certainly one of the most popular hikes amongst locals.
We will begin our journey at Skógar with the famous Skógafoss waterfall on our left side and as we climb higher we’ll pass dozens of beautiful waterfalls along the way. The scenery is simply out of this world. We’ll pass through glaciers, fields of ash, lava fields, historic sites and newly formed craters. We will take brakes for snack and lunch on the way, and we can even stop at the cabin of the Travel Association of Iceland, to rest, warm up and enjoy our lunch. We then continue the hike into the foothills of the Mýradalsjökull glacier, pass across Goðahraun lava field (which formed during the 2010 eruption) and then visit the two new volcanic craters, Magni and Móði that formed during the same eruption. Magni and Móði, are named after the sons of the legendary pagan thunder god Þór. After passing through these two volcanic craters we will finish our trek by hiking downhill a fairly steep pass called the Catspine, then ending our day in Þórsmörk. This fertile oasis is an untouched paradise, where we will spend the evening and reflecting on our challenging but amazing day.
• Fimmvorduhals Hiking Trail, Skogar Iceland
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed here, please let us know where you are staying so that we can arrange a pick up!If you are staying at a hotel, hostel or apartment in downtown Reykjavík; The hotels do have a pick up place at certain bus stops, because they are not reachable by bus. Please let us know where you are staying and we can tell you which bus stop we can meet you!BUS STOP 1RÁÐHÚSIÐ/CITY HALLÁlfhóll GuesthouseButterfly GuesthouseCaptain Reykjavík RánargataCenterHotel PlazaCentrum Hotel ReykjavíkChez MoniqueCity Center HotelDowntown Hostel ReykjavíkEmbassy Luxury ApartmentsHilda HotelKvosin Downtown HotelLighthouse ApartmentsMetropolitan HotelOcean Comfort ApartmentsReykjavik Harbour ApartmentsThree Sisters GuesthouseBUS STOP 2TJÖRNIN/THE PONDBaldursbrá GuesthouseCastle House Luxury ApartmentsCentral Guesthouse (Flying Viking)Galtafell GuesthouseBUS STOP 3LÆKJARGATA1919 Hotel Radisson BluApotek HotelBorg Hotel ReykjavikKonsulat Hotel ReykjavíkBUS STOP 4 - CLOSEDTRYGGVAGATABUS STOP 5HARPABUS STOP 6SAFNAHÚSIÐ/CULTURE HOUSE101 Hotel41 – A Townhouse HotelB14 BankastrætiApartment K Hverfisgata 14Apartment K Hverfisgata 37Apartment K Ingólfsstræti 1aApartment K Laugavegur 46Apartment K Lindargata 60Apartment K Þingholtsstræti 2-4B14 SkólavörðustígurCanopy by HiltonCenterHotel KlöppCenterHotel SkjaldbreiðCenterHotel ÞingholtFrón HotelHome Luxury ApartmentsIon City HotelLoft HostelReykjavík4you Apartments BergstaðastraetiReykjavík Residence Hotel ReykjavíkResidence SuitesRoom With a View HotelSand HotelSwan HouseBUS STOP 7 - CLOSEDTRAÐARKOTBUS STOP 8HALLGRÍMSKIRKJACaptain Reykjavík BergstaðastraetiB47 HostelEric the Red GuesthouseForsæla ApartmenthouseGuesthouse AuroraGuesthouse OdinnLeifur Eiríksson HótelLoki GuesthouseOdinsvé HotelREY Apartments Sunna GuesthouseBUS STOP 9SNORRABRAUTHeida’s Home Skuggi HotelBUS STOP 10HLEMMUR100 Iceland Hotel101 Guesthouse4th Floor HotelAlda Hotel ReykjavíkHlemmur SquareOK HotelReykjavik4you Apartments LaugavegurStay Apartments LaugavegurBUS STOP 11AUSTURB ÆRGrettisborg ApartmentsHouse of PublishersI Sleep ReykjavíkIgdlo GuesthouseNorðurey GuesthouseReykjavík Hostel VillageSnorri GuesthouseStay Apartments GrettisgataBUS STOP 12HÖFÐATORGFosshotel ReykjavíkStorm HotelBUS STOP 13RAUÐARÁRSTÍGURCenterHotel MiðgarðurPhoenix HotelBUS STOP 14SKÚLAGATACenterHotel ArnarhvollAirports
- Reykjavik Domestic Airport, Reykjavik Iceland
- Port of Reykjavík, Skarfabakki
- Old Harbour, Miðbakki
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.