Finance and Nobility: Explore medieval Genoa on an audio walking tour
If you like the unexpected then follow the thread of this walking tour through the labyrinth of Genoa’s alleys in the city's historic centre.
You'll discover breathtaking works of art behind almost every corner, along with other places where beauty is a carefully guarded secret. You'll see the main highlights in the city including UNESCO heritage sites, through the eyes of Antonella Cama, a local who loves to share not only the popular but also the authentic and believes that a tour must be more than dates and figures: She'll take you by the hand into "her" Genova!
Some of the highlights from this self-guided GPS audio tour include:
• Stories of the inhabitants of the opulent medieval residences
• The interiors of Genoa’s richest church
• Hear about the first football club in Italy
• A historical confectionery shop
• Find out why a 17th-century fountain is inside a department store
• Take in the splendour of the fountain in the Piazza Raffaele De Ferrari
per adult from
40 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Palazzo di San Giorgio, Via della Mercanzia 2, 16124, Genoa Italy
The tour starts at the Palazzo S. Giorgio near the port.
Pass By: Piazza Caricamento, 16126, Genoa Italy
The square was created artificially around the 16th century by filling a part of the bay to gain more land for the port operations. You'll hear more about the square and its history at this short stop.
Pass By: Loggia dei Mercanti, Piazza Banchi, 16123, Genoa Italy
You'll walk through this ancient location used by the tradesmen and the moneychangers for their businesses.
Pass By: Piazza delle Vigne, 16123 Genova GE, Italy
You'll briefly stop in this square to admire its beautiful surroundings and learn more about it.
Pass By: Cattedrale di San Lorenzo - Duomo di Genova, Piazza san lorenzo Piazza San Lorenzo, 16123, Genoa Italy
You'll stop outside the San Lorenzo cathedral where you'll be given the opportunity to visit inside the cathedral if you so wish.
Pass By: Palazzo Ducale, Piazza Giacomo Matteotti 9, 16123, Genoa Italy
You'll discover more about the history of Genoa and the Palazzo Ducale while walking around outside.
Pass By: Chiesa del Gesu e dei Santi Ambrogio e Andrea, Piazza Giacomo Matteotti, 16121, Genoa Italy
You'll see the beautiful church from the outside and get the opportunity to go inside.
Pass By: Piazza Raffaele De Ferrari, 16123, Genoa Italy
The tour ends at Piazza Raffaele De Ferrari.
Departure Point :Palazzo San Giorgio, 2, 16126 Genova GE, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/17/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Piazza Raffaele de Ferrari, 16121 Genova GE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.