Flam: The Famous Viking Village Experience
This adventure is a great opportunity to see a real life Viking village in Njardarheimr (near Flam), you will experience an authentic village that shows how the Vikings lived 1,000 years ago, when Gudvangen got its name. These are not actors in costumes, but "real" Vikings of all ages, who adopt the Viking Age as a lifestyle. They know their history and have unique knowledge about the Viking life, which they would love to share with you!
The food in the camp is prepared from traditional recipes with ingredients (paid locally) that were available in the Viking Age. Items for sale are handmade and genuine.
This experience is a great choice for anyone on a cruise or visiting Flam for the day.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Entrance fees
- Roundtrip transport back to the cruise port of Flam
- Entry/Admission - Gudvangen Fjordtell
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gudvangen Fjordtell, 5747 Gudvangen, Norway
Visit the amazing Viking Experience where you will have a guided tour of the village. You can also participate in axe throwing or archery, chat with the Vikings and try out some handicraft. An authentic Viking lunch is served in the food house.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Aurland Harbour, Gnr 36 Bnr 159, 5743 Flåm, Norway
Traveler pickup is offered
You will meet at Flam cruise port and will be dropped back here.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.