Flanders Fields Battlefields Tour from Ypres or Bruges or Lille or Ghent
Discover the battlefields of the First World War during a private day tour in Flanders. A seasoned and passionate guide will unfold the tragic experiences of soldiers in the biggest battles while your visit trenches, bunkers, craters and ridges. Some of the sites on tour are Yorkshire Trench, Tyne Cot Cemetery, Pool of Peace, Hill 60, Essex Farm and many others. Transport and guide is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off in Bruges, Lille or Ypres
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- We start the tour with pick-up at 9.30 either at the Euralille Eurostar Station in Lille, the Market Square in Ypres, the railway station St-Pieters in Ghent or the Railway Station in Bruges. During the day tour you are driven around in a private air-conditionned and secured vehicle.
During the tour we will visit the battlefield sector of the Ypres Salient. The Salient was feared and detested by the soldiers. No Man’s Land was only a couple of yards wide in some sectors and the rain, mud, trench raids, mining, shelling, … took the weekly casualty rate up to 7.000 men in this sector! It was the most dangerous area along the whole Western Front, and the most fought for.
In the morning, we will visit Essex Farm (including Cemetery), Yorkshire Trench, German 'Studenfriedhof' Cemetery Langmark and Canadian Memorial 'Brooding Soldier'. In the afternoon we visit the biggest Commonwealth Cemetery of Europe, Tyne Cot Cemetery. Here, almost 12.000 soldiers are buried and over 35.000 missing soldiers are commemorated. We will visit Passchendaele village and the Crest Farm Memorial, followed by the infamous strong points 't Hooge and Hill 60 and the Caterpillar Crater, the Pool of Peace. We end the tour at the Irish Peace Tower.
After your visit to the Flanders Fiels battefields we bring you safely back to the location of the pick-up, either in Lille, Bruges, Ghent or Ypres, depending on where you are staying.
Departure Point :Pick-up is possible at the following locations at 9.30; Euralille Station in Lille, Market Square in Ypres, railway station St Pieters in Ghent or the Railway Station in Bruges.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.