Flavors of Lucca Small Group Tour with Food Tasting and Wine
To live like a local is to eat like a local! And we’re going to show you how to drink and dine like they do in Lucca, with a dash of history thrown in along the way. Sweet bread, sheep’s cheese, prosciutto, salami, olive oil, wine, beer, cappuccino… what more could you want on a yummy Italian food tour?!
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- A hot drink (tea, coffee, or cappuccino)
- A glass of wine or beer
- Food samples (including sweets, pastries, and a selection of cured meats)
- Entry/Admission - Walls of Lucca
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of San Frediano
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drink
- Tips and gratuities for the guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Walls of Lucca, Via delle Mura Urbane, ., 55100 Lucca LU, Italy
We start from train station and we stop in front of the walls to get information about the history and construction of them. We have a short walk on the top of the walls and then we reach the Cathedral with an explanation of the exterior. We will move on to Fillungo street and we see the medieval and art nouveau aspect.
We stop at the pastry shop and we have a typical Italian sweet breakfast learning about local cakes and sweets.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Piazza San Michele, 55100 Lucca LU, Italy
We continue the tour exploring the medieval alleys and some local shops to get know about local recipes and traditions and we visit San Michele square learning about arts and architectures.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica of San Frediano, Piazza San Frediano, 55100, Lucca Italy
We walk then towards San Frediano church and district till Amphiteatre square
This last stop on our Lucca tour will bring us to Roman times in the Piazza della Anfiteatro, or Amphitheatre Square, which is full of typical shops – and lunch! We’ll introduce you to some authentic food and wine, like maybe some Tuscan cured ham, a variety of tasty croutons, finocchiona salami, or Pecorino cheese produced in the Garfagnana mountains. To wash it all down, we’ll cheers with a glass of good local wine or italian beer. Salute!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :viale 55100, Viale Camillo Benso Cavour, 15, 55100 Lucca LU, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Piazza dell'Anfiteatro, 55100 Lucca LU, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear casual dress and comfortable shoes for walking
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.