Flâneurs of Belleville: Explore the art of city walking on an audio walking tour
Flânerie (or city wandering) is a cherished rite of modern Parisian culture. But how does one wander à la française? On this self-guided audio tour, we focus on the in-betweens of Paris: we will walk the seam between the historically and culturally rich neighbourhoods of Belleville and Ménilmontant, and explore lesser-known neighbourhood gems, history, and culture.
At the same time, this tour will teach you the art of flânerie: how to wander a city and read it like a storybook, or play it like a game, rather than simply choosing the straightest and quickest shot from one famous monument to the next.
Your tour guide, Jennifer Solheim, is a French and Francophone literature scholar.
per adult from
30 to 45 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Les Poupées d'Autrefois, 116 Avenue Parmentier, 75011 Paris, France
The tour briefly stops outside a doll repair shop.
Pass By: La Bague de Kenza, 106 Rue Saint-Maur, 75011 Paris, France
The tour briefly stops outside La Bague de Kenza where you can buy some tasty treats.
Pass By: Rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud, Paris, France
The tour takes you down parts of Rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud.
Pass By: Parc de Belleville, 47 rue des Couronnes, 75020 Paris France
The tour ends in the Parc de Belleville.
Departure Point :Parmentier, 75011 Paris, France
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/9/2020 - 11/4/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Parc de Belleville, 47 Rue des Couronnes, 75020 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.