Florence Must-See Sights Tour for Kids and Families with Gelato Tasting
Enjoy a 2.5 hour Treasures of Florence Tour with our expert kid-friendly guide, who will show you the highlights of the city.
You will meet her in Piazza Santa Croce by the Statue of Dante in the middle of the Square, and there your adventure will start!
During this relaxed and informative walking tour you will see Piazza della Signoria, the imposing Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo (the city's cathedral) and much more besides. Our kid-friendly tour guide is specialized in working with children and will keep their attention and curiosity by using various games and other multimedia tools.
At the end of the tour, you will take a walk over the medieval Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence, and offer a gesture of goodwill to Il Porcellino, a little statue of a wild boar, for good luck. Just rub his nose to secure your return visit to Florence, city of beauty and wonder.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Blue Badge guide
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Professional kid-friednly guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Explore the allure of Florence, one of Italy’s most beautiful cities. Our Treasures of Florence Tour will introduce the most interesting places in the city with an expert kid-friendly guide. The whole family will appreciate the world-renowned historic Duomo (the city's cathedral), the center of Florentine religious life in both ancient and modern times.
Through the colourful marketplaces, beautiful squares and classical architecture, you will have a fantastic overview of the city of the Italian Renaissance. The whole family will have fun as they learn thanks to the different activities organised by the guide: quizzes, games and trivia tailored to your kids ages and interestes.
You will visit Florence's political centre, the Piazza della Signoria, while the imposing Palazzo Vecchio houses a noteworthy collection of Renaissance statuary. You will discover what inspired their creation, and their importance to the people of Florence.
No tour would be complete without a walk over the medieval Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence. Then you will listen to the curious story of this “stinky” bridge of old, and the kids will love it. In 1563 King Ferdinand I decreed that no butchers could set up shop along the bridge, due to the health hazards of rotting meat, so jewellers took their place.
Be sure to put a coin in the mouth of Il Porcellino, a statue of a wild boar, for good luck, and rub his nose to secure your return visit to Florence, city of beauty and wonder.
Florence’s sights, sounds and flavours await you.
Departure Point :Piazza di Santa Croce, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza del Mercato Centrale, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Masks are not required for children up to 6 years of age, however it is recommended to use them. Due to security checks, entry into museums and cultural areas can take longer, even with skip-the-line tickets.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.