Flower Auction & Traditional Tulip Farms - Private Tour incl. regional pick-up
The Netherlands is internationally known for its flowers. Not a surprise, given that the country controls 60% of the global flower trade. This tour shows you how farmers in Holland grow tulips the traditional way.
Start your experience comfortably, as your guide picks you up from any address in the region to visit Royal FloraHolland first. Here flowers and plants from all over the world arrive early in the morning to be auctioned. Set off on a live-guided tour, exclusive for your party, and learn about the flower industry. Next on the itinerary are two tulip farms. Professionals in the tulip industry, from all over the world, visit these farms for their quality tulips. As more tulip 'factories' that grow tulips on crates emerge, the farms that grow tulips the traditional way are slowly dying out. And you have the opportunity to have a look behind the scenes of these traditional farms and enjoy a 2-hr guided tour. Watch how farmers grow and cultivate tulips using traditional methods!
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2-hr live-guided tour of the tulip farms exclusive for your party
- Pick-up and drop-off anywhere in the region
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Coffee / tea and Dutch snack
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Professional, friendly guides
- Admission Royal FloraHolland
- Live-guided tour of the flower auction -exclusive for your party
- Entry/Admission - CoasTulip Experience
What's excluded :
- Gratuity (optional!)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Heemskerk, Heemskerk, North Holland Province
Visit traditional tulip farms and learn more about them with a guided tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: CoasTulip Experience, Zuiderwentweg 9, 1969 MX Heemskerk The Netherlands
CoasTulip is a collaboration between several tulip farms that grow and cultivate tulips the traditional way.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any address in the region, incl. Schiphol Airport, Ocean Cruise Terminal in Amsterdam and river cruise ports in the region. Pick-up time is around 6:30 am, but depends on your pick-up address. The exact time is communicated once the pick-up address is known.Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol, Netherlands
- Cruise Amsterdam, In de Houtzaagmolen 117, 1115 GH Duivendrecht, Netherlands
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pick-up time is around 6:30 am, but depends on your location. The exact pick-up time is communicated once the pick-up address is known.
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant/child seats available (complimentary)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.