Fly a Motorglider in Devon
Flying above the Devonshire countryside in a motorglider is a truly unique experience. Our aircraft it is both very quiet and comfortable and offers unrivalled visibility making it perfect for taking aerial photographs.
Motorgliders by there nature are extremely safe aircraft to fly in as with their long wings they can glide very efficiently without the engine running.
Your 30min Motorglider Experience will give you a great opportunity to enjoy a birds eye view of Devon as well as the chance to handle the controls and fly the motorglider if you wish.
As your pilot is a fully qualified flying Instructor you will be able to receive some tuition on handling the controls of the aircraft and possibly flying us back to the airfield yourself.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pre-flight briefing and the option to receive flying instruction if you would like
What's excluded :
- We are unable to accommodate people above 100kg
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Devon, Devon, England
Enjoy a 30 minute introduction to motorgliding over the beautiful Devonshire countryside.
As part of this experience if you wish you will be able to have a go at flying the aircraft after receiving instruction from our fully qualified flying instructor.
If this isn’t for you then simply relax and absorb the stunning views of beautiful Devon from the comfort of the incredibly smooth and quiet motorglider.
The large bubble canopy with sliding side windows offers a great opportunity to take unobstructed aerial photographs.
During your trip you will fly along the northern edge of the Blackdown Hills over historic sites such as Culmstock Beacon, Wellington Monument and the old WW2 airfields of Culmhead & Upottery..
Pass By: Culmstock, Culmstock, Cullompton, Devon, England
Culmstock Beacon is a stone hut that stands on the edge of the Blackdown Hills. Built as a fire beacon for signal communication to warn that the Spanish Armada ha did been sighted in the English Channel back in 1588
Pass By: Wellington Monument, Wellington TA21 9PA England
Birdseye view of the tallest three-sided obelisk in the world.
Completed in 1820 Wellington Monument stands 175 feet tall
Pass By: Culmhead, Culmhead, Somerset, England
A former RAF station now disused.
Pass By: Upottery, Upottery, Devon, England
RAF Upottery (also known a small Smeatharpe)
A former WW2 airfield
Departure Point :The Aviator Coffee Bar and Restaurant, The Airfield, Dunkeswell, Honiton EX14 4LG, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/1/2020 - 7/25/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.