Food Safari around Colombo
We are a powerful trio of natural born foodies who are happy to call Colombo our home. Our Chief Foodie, Sanjeev, was born in Sri Lanka, raised in Canada and traveled the world - mastering his cooking skills & embracing various cultures & lifestyles. Our Assistant Foodie, Tasha, brings a bit of spicy Russian flavor into our team. And our Trainee Foodie - Mars - the latest addition to our family, and our greatest inspiration.
Why we do what we do? There are many ways to make travelers fall in love with Sri Lanka, but the shortest way is its food: Funky, Fun & Full of Flavors!
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Authentic Sri Lankan Rice & Curry prepared in traditional clay pots and open fires
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Snacks - Local Street Foods
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- Free Express Course "Living Like a Local" - A bunch of unique tips that will make your journey easy.
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
We’ll take you on an exciting adventure with delicious foods & drinks, but this experience is much more than just walking & eating. We’ll share amazing stories & legends of the City to let you feel this stunning cultural fusion that Sri Lanka is proud of.
We’ll meet you at the Independence Square, in the heart of incredibly lively neighborhood. A brief introduction to our program - and the fun begins!
Day tour: a mouth-watering clay pot rice & curry at the ethnic food shop, and a world-renowned Ceylon Tea with traditional sweets. Basic practical course “Living like a local”, exploring hidden gems of the City, a chance to feel the special atmosphere of an ancient Fort and its famous Dutch Hospital area - a vibrant chillout place.
Evening tour: an unforgettable experience of Srilankan street food - a truly national treasure, and a hearty dinner of authentic “kothu roti” - the iconic dish of Sri Lanka. Our special practical course “Living like a local”, chill out at Dutch Hospital and a marvelous Night Walk along the Galle Face are also included.
You’ll leave with the stomach full of authentic food, the head packed with travel tips, and the heart filled with the island magic.
• Independence Square, Independence Avenue, Colombo 00700 Sri Lanka
• Galle Face Green, Galle Road, Colombo Sri Lanka
• Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct, Hospital Street Galle Fort, Colombo 00001 Sri Lanka
• Gangaramaya (Vihara) Buddhist Temple, 61 Sri Jinaratana Road, Colombo Sri Lanka
• Viharamahadevi Park, Colombo Sri Lanka
• Seema Malakaya Temple, Sir James Pieris Mawatha, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Point :Bank of Ceylon - Independent Square, 30/A Independence Ave, Colombo 00700, Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.