Food tour in Asti
Set off with a visit to the covered food market for an introduction to the local culinary scene and a first tasting of salami including the one made with Barbera wine produced in the town of Nizza Monferrato. Then, take a look to the “Palio” square, the oldest horse race of Italy and to the church of Saint Secondo before indulging in a tasting of some of the finest cheese from the region.
We continue through the Jewish ghetto, medieval towers and baroque churches all the way to a cozy butcher shop.
Enjoy a break in a “gastronomia” which is a shop where home-cooking type of food is prepared daily by professional chefs: two traditional “antipasti” or starters with a glass of wine will be served.
In a cozy restaurant where locals hang out, taste ravioli and “tajarin” (egg pasta) with a traditional sauce.
Our tour comes to an end with a celebration of hazelnut and chocolate delights from a pastry shop.
per adult from
What's included :
- Five food tastings
- Local guide up to three hours
- Small bottle of water and two glasses of wine
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from Asti
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Asti, Asti, Province of Asti, Piedmont
Food market, historical shops and selected food producers
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piazza Campo del Palio, 14100 Asti AT, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Food allergies or dietary restrictions must be communicated at time of booking
- A minimum number of 4 participants is required in order to confirm the tour. You will be informed 24 hours before the tour if such number is not met and offered a full refund. If you are interested in a private tour with just 2 adults, an extra fee of 35€ per adult is required.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.