Forest Hiking and Underground Cave Full Day Adventure in Puerto Rico
This is an experience that hiking enthusiasts will truly love. Visit a beautiful subtropical forest and enjoy trails surrounded by lush mountains, lookout points and a stunning underground cave with extraordinary rock formations.
Also, you will appreciate Puerto Rico’s karst region, one of the island’s most valuable geological areas, distinguished by the diversity of its caves, sink-holes, hay-sack mountains and panoramic views.
This is a non-touristy forest, which will provide with the sense of peace and connection with nature you are looking for in a vacation.
This tour requires a certain degree of physical fitness. Minimum age is 8 years old. Minimum tour group size is 4 people.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Isabela, Isabela, Puerto Rico
Our day will start with an early two-hour drive heading to the northwest coast of Puerto Rico. During this time, you will learn about the island’s history, geography and culture while cruising through the countryside and coastline.
During the way we will have a break stop on a popular lookout area for an amazing coastal scenic view. We will have the chance to see from a distance one of the last tunnels still existing in Puerto Rico, where a passenger and cargo train used to cross through the mountain until a century ago. Pictures are a must in that area.
Upon arrival to the subtropical forest, first stop is an observation tower to have a panoramic view of the surrounding mountains and lushness of the area. Here you will start to appreciate the calmness and beauty of the forest. After, will start an approximately one-hour easy to moderate hike (each way), through beautiful well-kept trails. You will have the chance to enjoy exercise, fresh air, amazing sightseeing and a variety of trees and plants on the way.
During the hike will arrive to an amazing underground cave with two chambers. Walking in pitch black areas and using flashlights, will discover stunning stalagmites, stalactites, flowstones and other rock formations, that for sure will impress you with its unique shapes. Also, you will have an even deeper sense of peace and disconnection with the outside world in this exploration.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up starts at 8:00am.OLD SAN JUAN GUESTS - All guests staying in Old San Juan will be picked up only at "Plaza Colón" (Colón Square).
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Starting on July 15, all visitors arriving to PR are required by government to provide a Molecular Test negative result taken not more than 72 hours prior of arrival, in order to avoid being required to quarantine for 14 days.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.