Fountain of Youth Tour of Old San Juan
Discover the Beauty of Old San Juan with writer David Rodriguez, The Rise and Fall of the Great Barbate. From San Juan’s colonial Golden Age to the Gilded Age summer colony, discover the transformation of Ponce de Leon's city and people. Riots and rebellions, enemies and allies! Learn about Puerto Rico’s role in the revolution. See where scoundrels lived, pirates profited and criminals were punished. Find out why this colony was known as “Gold Island.” Explore the burial site of Ponce de Leon, Puerto Rico's founding father. Learn about the stone carvers, their art and the diverse people buried there who helped shape Ponce de Leon’s homeland.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Old San Juan
- Entry/Admission - Paseo de la Princesa
- Entry/Admission - La Puerta de San Juan
- Entry/Admission - Parque de las Palomas
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Discover San Juan’s most photogenic places (one of the most photographed cities in the World) through the lens with this 2-hour tour, led by writer David Rodriguez in the old, historic part of San Juan. As you journey through the Historic District, you will walk along cobblestone paved streets beneath old Spanish-balconies and experience the “Old City” with her stately mansions, beautiful squares, romantic spots and abundance of colors.
Discover the burial site of Ponce de Leon, "The Fountain of Youth", the founding buildings of San Juan, the city walls from the 15th century, the beautiful San Juan Gate, the old city hall from 1524, the Christ Chapel, Pigeon's Park, the Princess Promenade, the Pirate Prison, scenic views of San Juan's Harbor, the guard tower and the "gold" cobblestones. This four hour walking tour will be led by a local guide.
Departure Point :Starbucks, 363 Calle de Tetuan #1, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.