Franciscan Monasteries in Bosnia and Herzegovina Day Trip from Mostar or Medjugorje
Take a tour to history and learn historical and cultural role, and the wealth of the treasure that lies behind the Franciscan Monasteries in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer (car or van)
- Professional authorized guide
- Private tour
- Public Liability Insurance
What's excluded :
- Lunch (optional, 10 € per person)
- Tour begins by visiting Franciscan monastery with a 107 meters high bell-tower and the church of St. Peter and Paul in Mostar. It continues with library that contains more than 50 000 old documents being one of the largest libraries in Herzegovina.
Driving towards Siroki Brijeg, follows by sightseeing of Franciscan monastery and church. Together with interesting monastery premises and the preserved furniture, within this building complex there are the monastery treasure and rich church artifacts, old books and manuscripts collected and preserved by the Franciscans. Gallery is the part of the monastery numbering 4500 works of art.
Possibility to organize lunch in one of local restaurant, and to enjoy traditional dishes to get a real taste of the country's finest cuisine.
Driving further toward Livno to visit Monastery Gorica. The church and the old library numbering 30 000 books, together with the monastery and the church, it has been proclaimed as cultural heritage under the state protection. The gallery of the monastery consists of several collections; the sacred, archaeological, numismatic, ethnographic ones and the collection of old arms. For the lovers of art, the paintings of one of the greatest Bosnian and Herzegovinian painters Gabrijel Jurkić are exhibited, depicting the history of the Livno region and the geography of its green fields.
The journey continues by visiting Humac. Monastery of St Anthony of Padua, the oldest museum in Bosnia and Herzegovina, that keeps the artifacts from the Stone Age until the present day. The Humac tablet is the oldest preserved stone document in the Croatian language in the area of the today’s Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Short break at Waterfall Kravice - unique part of Herzegovinian scenery.
Arrival to Medjugorje follows by general orientation tour with visiting church of St. James and learning how this small Herzegovina village has become the second largest Catholic pilgrimage site in the world.
Return to Mostar.
Departure Point :Mostar or Medjugorje
Departure Time :09:00am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Dress code is smart casual
- 250 km round-tour trip
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.