Fraser Island Whale Watch Encounter
This seasonal whale watching tour takes you aboard a 24-passenger sailing catamaran from Hervey Bay to Platypus Bay at Frasier Island. An immersive platform lets you observe a humpback whale underwater while you listen to sound waves by hydrophone. Morning and afternoon tea are served along with a buffet lunch and beverage during the full-day tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Lunch and beverage
- Afternoon tea
- National park fees
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast, Queensland
After hotel pickup in the morning, board the Blue Dolphin, a 38-foot (11.6-meter) eco-friendly catamaran departing Great Sandy Straits Marina at Hervey Bay. This modern and luxurious sailing vessel is well-appointed with plenty of shaded seating areas and wide, flat decks — perfectly suited for up to 24 passengers.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Platypus Bay, Queensland, Australia
This long-running and award-winning whale watching tour heads out to Platypus Bay, situated on the western side of Fraser Island. Marine life abounds in the region, from the little-known Australian humpback dolphins to the well-known humpback whales that visit during the winter months.
Pass By: Fraser Island, Fraser Island, Fraser Coast, Queensland
Throughout the day you will be offered the opportunity to see the whales, including from an immersive platform. An informative talk is given by your skipper, who shares more than 30 years of experience working with marine mammals. Your guide's knowledge of the animals and the marine environment ensures a unique experience. Reference material is also available along with a hydrophone on board to hear the migratory mammals underwater.
Departure Point :Tourist Terminal, Urangan QLD 4655, Australia
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (best suited to children 8 years and older)
- Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.