Freediving Crash Course in Bay of Kotor
With my vintage land rover defender you will head to a secret platform in the sea built by the Yugoslav army. While listening to the waves of the Adriatic I will measure how long you can hold your breath before you actually learn about breathing techniques and how to increase your breath hold time.
I'll give you a quick crash course on ear equalisation and the scientific background of freediving, specifically about the "mamallian dive reflex", a set of physiological responses to immersion in water that overrides the basic homeostatic reflexes, and is found in all air-breathing vertebrates studied to date.
After a guided breathing session we measure your breath-hold time one more time, you will notice a big difference. Depending on season of the year and water temperature I will provide you with a wet suite, mask and fins. Together we walk into the water and swim to a buoy where you will do your first free immersion so you can try the equalisation of your ears.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Freediving Equipment: Suits, Fins, Masks, Weights
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Pick up (Can be arranged on request)
- Hotel pickup 15€ per adult
During the 6 hour course, you will learn the basics of freediving, from breathing, relaxation over taking a full breath and diving down using the free immersion (FIM) method.
• Lustica, Lustica, Kotor Municipality
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup provided at 15€ per adultAirports
- Tivat Airport, Tivat Municipality Montenegro
- Tivat Airport, 27 Narodnih Heroja, Tivat, Montenegro
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 10 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We rinse, clean and sanitize all gear between dives.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.