French Baking Class: Baguettes and Croissants in a Parisian Bakery
Learn how to make classic French baguettes and croissants with an expert Parisian baker during this two-hour baking workshop. Using recipes handed down for generations, you’ll discover the baker’s secrets of creating the perfect bread. This hands-on experience takes place behind the scenes of a traditional French bakery in Paris, and of course includes tastings of fresh baguettes and croissants! This small-group experience is limited to eight people, ensuring you’ll receive personal attention from your instructor.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cooking class
- Tasting of baguettes and pastries
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Experience the daily life of a Parisian baker as you learn the secrets of perfecting the classic bread that's an integral part of French daily life: the baguette. There are several varieties of baguettes, and during your workshop you'll see just a few of the many different types and styles that exist; there's more to a baguette than meets the eye! The flour will fly while you watch your expert baker demonstrate the proper techniques, from mixing the dough to shaping, scouring and baking. Then you'll get to try it out these techniques yourself! The reward for your hard work comes as you bite into your freshly-baked baguette as soon as it's out of the oven. But that's not all; you'll also discover how the famous French croissant is made from start to finish. It may seem daunting, but don't worry; the baker will help you understand the process and the secrets behind making perfect croissants. You'll taste a fresh croissant as the class concludes. Over these two hours of fun and discovery, you'll learn all you need to know about baking, how the ingredients play an integral role in the final results, and just what makes French baking so special.
• Croissant - Delicious and buttery French croissants!
• Baguette - Varieties of French baguettes (yes, there's more than one)!
Departure Point :Le Petit Mitron, 22 Rue Mouton-Duvernet, 75014 Paris, France
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements or too many passengers in one booking that would overbook the class. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with sensitive airborne allergies
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.