French Basque Countryside Tour from San Sebastian
A wonderful way to take a day off from exploring San Sebastian and head into the peaceful countryside of the French Basque region. You will cross the border into France through a mountain pass used by smugglers in the past and visit the typical villages of the French Basque Countryside. During the journey, you will learn about the way of life of local farmers and the importance of this charming area to the Basque Country, all while encountering beautiful mountainous and countryside scenery.
You will travel as part of a small group with a minimum of 2 guests and a maximum of 6.
Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Saint-Etienne-de-Baigorry, Saint-Etienne-de-Baigorry, Basque Country, Pyrenees-Atlantiques, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
After morning pickup in San Sebastian, we will begin our journey taking the quiet and scenic countryside road to cross the border into France to spend the day in the French Basque Countryside. Our first stop will be the quaint town of St. Étienne de Baïgorry.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, Basque Country, Pyrenees-Atlantiques, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
We will then continue our journey to the beautiful and charming town of Saint Jean Pied de Port, on the foothills of the Pyrenees. With its beautiful cobbled streets that run down hill across a quaint old bridge over the river Nive, the town is renown for being the starting point of the most popular route of the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela on The Way of St. James (Camino de Santiago). After an easy-going stroll through the village while learning about its history and importance regarding the Camino de Santiago, you will get a break to enjoy lunch, if so desired, before continuing our route to our next stop.
Duration: 3 hours 10 minutes
Stop At: Espelette, Espelette, Basque Country, Pyrenees-Atlantiques, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
We will head towards the picturesque town of Espelette, famous for its dried red peppers that are hung to dry from its houses and shops during the summer season. You will get the opportunity to stroll through the colorful streets of the village and do some Basque-produce shopping before beginning our drive back to San Sebastian.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.