Frida Kalho And Xochimilco/ Español-ingles
XOCHIMILCO “MEANS HOUSE OF FLOWERS” WAS ONE OF THE PRINCIPAL LAKES IN MEXICO VALLEY, NATIVES ARRIVED HERE AROUND 900 DC AND BUILT ARTIFICIAL ISLANDS “FLOATING GARDENS", ALMOST NEXT TO CUICUILCO ARCHEOLOGICAL SITE, DESTROYED BY XITLE VOLCANO 150 BC, FLOODING ALL IN LAVA.
IS EVIDENT WHEN YOU ARE EXPLORING ALL THIS SOUTH AREA OF THE CITY, TODAY IT´S A BOTANICAL GARDEN, CONSIDERED THE PREDECESSOR OF TEOTIHUACAN.
FRIDA KAHLO LIVED IN COYOACAN TOWN, HER HOUSE TODAY IS A MUSEUM LOCATED IN THE BEAUTIFUL TOWN, BY THE WAY, COYOACAN WAS THE CAPITAL OF NEW SPAIN IN 1629.
KAHLO´S MUSEUM IS AN IMPORTANT PLACE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS SURREALIST PAINTER. THE UNAM (THE MOST IMPORTANT UNIVERSITY IN MEXICO), IS THE LARGEST IN LATIN AMERICA, FOUNDED ON 1551 BY DECREE OF SPANISH KING, IT IS WORLD HERITAGE SINCE 2007, MURALS WERE PAINTED BY OGORMAN, RIVERA AND SIQUEIROS IN THIS UNIVERSITY.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- BEVERAGE AND MEALS
- TIPS (UP TO YOU)
- Frida Kalho entrance
- ON THE WAY TO XOMILCO YOU WILL CROSS THROUGH INTERESTING NEIGHBORHOOD LIKE CONDESA, CONSIDER ONE IMPORTANT SITE FOR RESTAURANTS, NIGHT LIFE, THE CIBELES FOUNTAIN SYMBOL OF MEXICO AN SPAIN BROTHERHOOD, DONATED BY THE SPANISH COMMUNITY LIVING IN MEXICO IN 1980, WE WILL SEE THE BULLRING “PLAZA DE TOROS” BUILT IN 1946 THE BIGGEST IN THIS COUNTRY, STILL IN USE, WE´LL GO LATER TO XOCHIMILCO THROUGH SECOND FLOOR(TWO –STORY HIGHWAY) HAVING A FULL OVERVIEW FROM THIS AREA IN THE CITY.
ONE TIME IN XOCHIMILCO WE WILL EXPLORE PART OF IT´S WATERWAYS TRAVELING ON AN SMALL BOUT CALLED “TRAJINERA” WITH COLOURFUL DECORATION, ON THE WAY WE WILL SEE MARIACHIS READY TO PLAY AND SING FOR YOU. WE WILL STOP IN A CHINAMPA TO SEE ALL FLOWERS PRODUCTION OVER THERE.ON THE WAY TO COYOACAN WE WILL STOP FIRTS AT THE UNIVERSITY TO SEE THE MURALS OF RIVERA, SIQUEIROS AND OGORMAN, THE NATIONAL LIBRARY AND OLIMPIC STADIUM.
IN COYOACAN WE WILL STOP IN THE TOWN TO SEE SAINT JOHN BAPTIST CHURCH WITH AMAZING RELIGIOUS PAINTINGS , THE MAIN HIDALGO GARDEN AND CONCHITA GARDEN WITH THE SMALLEST CHURCH IN ALL MEXICO AND THE MALINCHE HOUSE (BOTH FROM OUTSIDE- NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC), AND FRIDA´S GARDEN, FINALLY ARRIVING AND ENJOY THE VISIT OF FRIDA´S MUSEUM TO ADMIRE THE BEAUTIFUL HOUSE AND HER PAINTINGS.
8 TO 9 HRS TOUR
-ONE BOTTLE WATER
-FLEXIBLE TIME, IF YOU DECIDE TO CHANGE PLACES WE CAN DO IT IF IT IS IN THE SAME WAY OR IF YOU DECIDE TO STAY LONGER IN AN SPECIFIC PLACE, ALWAYS WILL BE UP TO YOU.
ENTRANCE TO FRIDA MUSEUM (WE COULD GET IT AND SKIP THE LINE IN ADVANCE DIRECTLY FROM THE MUSEUM WITH AN ADITIONAL CHARGE, APPROXIMATELY $14 USD PER PERSONT, OR ,YOU COULD GET IT DIRECTLY THROUGHT THE MUSEUM WEB PAGE) UP TO YOU
-BOUT IN XOCHIMILCO
BEVERAGE AND MEALS
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.