Friday Night Vatican Tour with the Sistine Chapel
Note: For the year 2020 there will be no concerts in the Pinecone courtyard.
Each summer, when daytime temperatures can reach unbearable levels, the Vatican Museums opens its doors once a week on Fridays after official opening hours. In this extraordinary period, the Vatican Museums have extended the evening openings to Saturday nights for the rest of 2020. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to experience the Museums in the unique ambience of the evening and join this small-group tour of 20 people or less.
Want to explore on your own? "Tickets only" service option also available exclusively via e-mail.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Vatican guide (if option selected)
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Each summer, when daytime temperatures can reach unbearable levels, the Vatican Museums opens its doors once a week on Fridays after official opening hours. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to experience the Museums in the comfortably cooler evening and join this small-group of 20 people or less which also includes a classical music concert (select Fridays).
Access is limited to pre-booked guests only, and using our pre-reserved entrance we'll gain access to the Vatican Museums well after official opening hours, when twilight casts a golden glow over the Museums which have been especially lit for this occasion. Once inside, your charismatic English-speaking guide will adjust your itinerary perfectly to include all of the highlights, making it to the Pinecone courtyard just in time to catch the classic music concert which only goes on select Fridays.
Experience the Sistine Chapel in the less-crowded evening and discover the Upper Galleries of the Vatican Museums including the Gallery of the Tapestries and Candelabra, the Hall of the Maps, the Octagonal Court, and Raphael’s Rooms. You won't miss a single important stop.
Our small groups of 20 people allow for genuine interaction with your expert Guide - making for the best experience possible.
Your Vatican Night tour ends the main entrance of the Vatican Museums.
TICKETS ONLY SERVICE: Prefer to explore the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel on your own? Choose the tickets only option and forgo the guide.
Departure Point :Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.