Fright Night Tour
Let us send a few shivers up your spine on this late evening, 75 minute, ghost tour of Edinburgh’s Old Town. The history of Scotland’s capital is one not just made up of royalty, inventors, writers and scholars but also murderers, witches, bodysnatchers even cannibals. Allow one of our costumed guides, who play one such roguish former citizen, to enlighten and frighten you for the evening. They’ll take you through the winding closes and darkened courts of the Old Town, all the while telling about the horrific events which took place there. Following that the you will journey to perhaps Scotland’s most haunted graveyard, Greyfriars Kirkyard. For the last part of the tour you’ll be taken down into our decidedly sinister underground vaults below South Bridge. This tour is perfect for lovers of scary stories and the bloodier side of Scotland’s history but is more relaxed in tone than our later extreme paranormal tour.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- 75 minute tour of the Old Town, Greyfriars Kirkyard and the South Bridge vaults.
- Led by a guide in period costume playing a real historical character.
- Learn more about the gruesome history of Edinburgh’s Old Town.
- Marvel at the darkened Gothic splendour of Greyfriars Kirkyard.
- Descend into the South Bridge vaults and discover their secrets.
- All stories are based on actual individuals and events.
- Entry/Admission - Royal Mile
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2PB Scotland
Visit Edinburgh's most famous haunted locations
Explore the world's most haunted graveyard
Escape the streets above into the depths below, where nobody can hear you scream...
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :109 The Royal Mile, Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1SG, UK
Departure Time :8:45 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.