From Athens : Meteora daytrip private tour for groups
Travel on a day trip to a place untouched by time, where rare beauty embraces the Christian Orthodox monasteries to create an experience unlike any other. Gaze the massive pinnacles of rock and feel the spirituality of this UNESCO heritage place.
Take advantage of our group prices and travel with our new modern limo cars and vans.
per adult from
12 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip transportation.
- Fuel cost, toll fees and taxes
- English speaking driver.
- Air-conditioned van vehicle.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (€3 per monastery)
- Cost of lunch or snacks.
- Guided tour inside the monasteries.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
Pick up from your preferred location
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
In the 9th century, monks began inhabiting the rocks again and in the 14th century the first monasteries were built. Nowadays, Meteora is home to one of the most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries. All six of these monasteries are built on large naturally-formed pillars. A few kilometers away from the city of Kalambaka, Meteora is waiting to fascinate visitors with breathtaking views and unique natural beauty.
Spiritual, magical, mystical, extraordinary, breathtaking, immense, inspiring, impressive.The are not enough words to describe the World-Heritage listed Meteora. The massive pinnacles of rock are the perfect setting for a science fiction or fantasy tale. The amazingly built monasteries on the top of them will take your breath away. We bring you to this extraordinary place directly from a pick up point of your choice. Sit back and enjoy a drive through the mainland and be prepared to take photos of a lifetime.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Kalambaka, Kalambaka, Trikala Region, Thessaly
The main town close to the Monasteries.
Perfect traditional lunch and purchase local products.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The driver will be in front of your accommodation 15 min prior departure. Please enter your pick up locationPorts
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At the time of booking let us know your preferred pickup point in Athens or Piraeus.
- The drive from Athens takes almost 4 hours so please be patient or bring a book and snacks.
- Please note that to reach the monasteries, you will be required to climb stairs. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- The monasteries have a strict dress code. Men must wear trousers and long sleeves and women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and long skirts will be provided.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.