From Bolzano: Private Day Tour by car: The Great Dolomites Road
The Dolomites are some of the most beautiful mountains in the world, certainly are the most beautiful in Europe. The Dolomites, a masterpiece of nature, were included in the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2009. With this tour you will be taken in the heart of these beautiful mountains and then visit the famous Gardena Valley with its most important center, Ortisei.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Ticket of the Sass Pordoi cable-car
- Entry/Admission - Sass Pordoi
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lago di Carezza, Val d'Ega, Nova Levante Italy
We will cross the Ega Valley that begins at Bolzano and runs eastward between the Rosengarten and the Latemar mountains. This road was built in 1895 when the territory was part of the Austro Hungarian Empire. Part of the route is located in a canyon carved by the river Ega.
We will stop at Carezza Lake, the most beautiful lake of the Dolomites: 30 minutes of staying with a walk around the lake if you want.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Passo di Costalunga, 38039, Trento Italy
Then we will arrive to Costalunga Pass. Near the Pass we will see the historical “Grand Hotel Carezza”, built in 1893, the first luxury hotel in the Dolomites which hosted very important guests like the Empress Sissi, Winston Churchill, Agatha Christie.
Pass By: Fassa Valley, Fassa Valley, Province of Trento, Trentino-Alto Adige
From the Costalunga Pass we will reach the Fassa Valley in Trentino: we will pass through the towns of Vigo di Fassa and Canazei to arrive under the imposing peaks of the Sella Group.
Stop At: Sass Pordoi, Strada statale 48 delle Dolomiti, San Giovanni di Fassa Italy
From here begins a long series of 27 hairpins bends (switchbacks) that will lead us to the famous Pordoi Pass at an altitude of 2.239 meters above sea level. One hour of staying if you decide to arrive with the cable car to Sass Pordoi (altitude of 2950 meters: the cable car is open from late May until mid-October and from Christmas to Easter).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Passo Sella, 39048, Selva di Val Gardena Italy
From the Pordoi Pass we return back a few kilometers to reach the Sella Pass: here the landscape is really impressive with the Sella vertical walls that stand right in front of us .... From the Sella Pass we can admire the Marmolada glacier (3,343 m) and the majestic Sassolungo (3,181 m), the most famous mountain in Gardena Valley: 10 minutes stop for photos.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Ortisei, Ortisei, Val Gardena, Province of South Tyrol, Trentino-Alto Adige
Coming down from the Sella Pass we will enter in the Gardena Valley, the best known tourist valley of the Dolomites and we will stay in its largest town, the beautiful Ortisei: one hour of staying for lunch break and to visit the town.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.