From Huaraz: Chavín de Huantar fullday tour
This all-day tour brings you to the Chavín Archeological Monument, which is one of the oldest sites in the Americas — construction began around 1500 BC. People came to this center to consult the oracle and to make offerings to the gods. The exterior walls are decorated with a series of zoomorphic (part animal) faces. Other highlights of the complex include the Tello Pyramid, the Circular Plaza, the Rectangular Plaza, the New Temple, and the Old Temple. In the village of Chavín de Huantar, just a few minutes from the complex, the museum exhibits archaeological artifacts found in the complex.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off from your hotel in Huaraz
- Entrance ticket Chavín de Huántar
- Entrance ticket National Museum of Chavín
- Professional guide in Spanish
What's excluded :
- Meals not specified on the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chavin de Huantar, Chavin de Huantar, Ancash Region
Pick up from accommodation in Huaraz around 9:00 am to start the tours of south of Huaraz, the Conchucos Valley and the millennial temple of Chavín de Huantar. We will pass through the Cahuish tunnel (4,516 m), we will cross the tunnel to enter the Conchucos Valley and the Christ of the Andes will welcome us.
After a delicious lunch we will visit the modern National Museum of Chavín, in its galleries technological innovation and planning are exposed from Chavín. The carved heads, tombstones and carved cornices that decorated the temple are exhibited, a ceremonial model, floors with graphics with high traffic, visual scene with the help of videos and photos, more than 200 ceramic pieces, diversity of shells and pututos, Obelisco Tello the emblematic piece of the museum, Estela Raimondy and the Monolithic Lanzón in replica, Cabezas Clavas and last archaeological finds in Chavín. Return to Huaraz in tourist transport. 7:00 pm: Arrival in Huaraz.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from accommodation in Huaraz.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.