From Lisbon: Private Tour to Coimbra with Drop-off in Porto
Are you in Lisbon and want to visit Porto? Have you thought about how you are going to travel from Lisbon to Porto? Did you know that one of the most spectacular regions of Portugal is on the way between Lisbon and Porto? Turn your transfer into an unforgettable experience visiting some locations in the Center of Portugal and discover a country within the country.
204 km from Lisbon you will find Coimbra, first capital of the kingdom, in the time of our first monarchs, for almost two centuries, it gained new prominence with the foundation of the University in 1290, which provided the formation of a urban core full of remarkable buildings.
Visit Coimbra, an old, effervescent city that has a young population with a lot to teach and show us.
Did you know that …
• that there are bats in the Joanina Library and that they play a fundamental role in keeping books, as the bats eat the paper-eating insects?
• Santo António deepened his knowledge at the Santa Cruz Monastery?
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Personal accompaniment during the whole day
- Pick up at hotel/accommodation in Lisbon
- Drop-off at hotel/accommodation in Porto
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Any additional expenses not covered and agreed in advance
- Entrance tickets to monuments
- Entry/Admission - University of Coimbra
- Entry/Admission - Old Cathedral of Coimbra (Se Velha de Coimbra)
- Entry/Admission - Mosteiro de Santa Clara-a-Velha
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lisbon, Lisbon, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
Avoid the stress of traveling by public transport or a shared tour and choose the comfort and safety in the company of your private guide who will pick you up at your hotel in a comfortable vehicle with the Clean & Safe Seal guarantee.
This tour is designed for those who want to get away from the traditional tours and have a more authentic and unique experience.
Travel time from Lisbon to Coimbra is approximately 2h (204km)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: University of Coimbra, Paco das Escolas, Coimbra 3000-240 Portugal
You will start the visit to Coimbra at the University of Coimbra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enter the Paço das Escolas. Here you find the Joanina Library, the São Miguel Chapel, the Capelos Room, the Medieval and Academic Prison, the Weapons Room, the Private Examination Room and the University Tower are located.
Founded in 1290 by King D. Dinis, the University of Coimbra is the oldest Portuguese-speaking university and one of the oldest in the world.
With 730 years of history, the University of Coimbra is an unavoidable institution in the history of Portugal and the entire Portuguese-speaking world, having been considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2013, due to its unique material and immaterial heritage, fundamental in the history of Portugal. European and world scientific culture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Old Cathedral of Coimbra (Se Velha de Coimbra), Coimbra Portugal
While leaving the University, you will follow towards Sé Velha (Old Cathedral of Coimbra).
The construction of the Old Cathedral began in the 12th century under the direction of Master Roberto, who was directing in the same period the works of the Cathedral of Lisbon. The Romanic church, built in yellow limestone, is located on a slope and is composed by three aisles, prominent transept and threefold headboard. The one floor cloister, located on the southern side of the church was built in the beginning of the 13th century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Praca Oito de Maio, Praca 8 de Maio, Coimbra 3000-300 Portugal
This square owes its name to the day when, in 1834, liberal troops entered Coimbra. Welcomes buildings from the 16th, 17th and other centuries, with some ex-libris of the city as the Monastery of Santa Cruz.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Igreja e Mosteiro da Santa Cruz, Praca 8 de Maio, Coimbra 3001-801 Portugal
You will find the Praça 8 de Maio where you find the Monastery of Santa Cruz de Coimbra, National Pantheon and one of the oldest monuments of Coimbra, founded in 1131. In this Monastery are buried the first two kings of Portugal, D. Afonso Henriques and his son, D. Sancho I.
Did you know that • Santo António, one of the most beloved saints deepened his knowledge at the Santa Cruz Monastery ?
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mosteiro de Santa Clara-a-Velha, Rua das Parreiras, Coimbra 3040-266 Portugal
The Monastery of Santa-Clara-a-Velha, founded in 1283, by a noble lady, D. Mor Dias, and delivered to the Poor Clares shortly after. Later, he was refounded by Queen Isabel of Aragon, the Holy Queen who, when she became a widow, wore the Poor Clares' habit.
Did you know that ...
• the Santa-Clara-a-Velha Monastery suffered several floods caused by the Mondego River ?
• it was in the Paço of the Santa-Clara-a-Velha Monastery that D. Inês de Castro lived and, later, in 1355, was executed following the order of King D. Afonso IV, father of D. Pedro I of Portugal, future king of Portugal and D. Inês de Castros lover. The story doesn't end here! Find out more through our guide's testimony about Pedro and Inês on the spot?
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Now, it's time to go to Porto! You will arrive at your destination carrying the stories you heard through the testimony of your guide, the good mood you felt from the contact of the people from each location you visited and the emotions experienced during this wonderful day that was intended to be just a travel trip, but became an unforgettable experience.
Duration of the trip from Coimbra to Porto is about 1h30 (120km)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at Hotel/Accommodation in Lisbon and Drop-off at Hotel/Accommodation in PortoThe driver/guide uses identification with his name and that of our company through a badgeOther departure locations are available upon request, however, an additional fee may apply. Please consult us so that we can assess this situation.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
- Cruise Terminal / Gare Marítima de Alcântara, Doca Alcântara 1350, 1350 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Folding Wheelchair accessible
- Instant Confirmation
- Other departure locations are available upon request
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- For yours and the drivers safety our vehicles are equipped with acrylic separators between the driver/guide front seat and the passenger compartment. Your tour is carried out in a 9 seat minivan, being private (family/friends) and therefore the maximum capacity of the vehicle is 6 passengers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.