From Mandalay: Full Day Excursion to Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo)
Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo) is a former British Hill Station and just 2 hours drives away up on the hills from Mandalay. This old British Hill Station town is very charming with its lovely lake, waterfalls, botanical garden and colonial era-buildings. The road winds steeply through flower, fruit and vegetable gardens that feel a world away from the hustle and bustle of Mandalay.
- Visit to the most beautiful park National Kandawgyi Garden, founded in 1915 by English botanist Alex Rodgers on 176 heater of land in the country. It has more than 480 species of flowers shrubs and trees
- Learn about the old Colonial Style Buildings of this British Hill Station town,
- Enjoy the horse Coach ride along the cozy lane of the town,
- A Visit to one of the famous waterfalls.
- Complete the tour with a coffee break at a lovely coffee shop
per adult from
What's included :
- Private sightseeing with an English speaking guide & air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees & Horse cart in Pyin Oo Lwin mentioned in the description
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Pick-up and drop off from/to your Hotel in Mandalay
- Snow towel & 1 Bottle of purified drinking water
- Entry/Admission - National Kandawgyi Botanical Gardens
What's excluded :
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals not specified in the description
- Tips for your guide and driver, Camera Fee, Personal expenses, Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: PYIN OO LWIN CENTRE, Beside of Mandalay-Lashio Main Road Pyin Oo Lwin, Maymyo 05081, Myanmar (Burma)
In the morning at 07:30 A.M. pick up from your hotel in Mandalay and drive up (80 km – 2 hours) on a scenic route to the cool hill station and a former British Hill Station of Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo) with its lovely lake, waterfalls, botanical garden and colonial era-buildings. The road winds steeply through flower, fruit and vegetable gardens.
Visit the local market. Drive through Maymyo on a horse drawn "stage coach", giving you the chance to admire the brick and timber houses, complete with English style gables, turrets and chimneys.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: National Kandawgyi Botanical Gardens, Nandar Road, Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo) Myanmar
Then visit the Water Fall and the National Kandawgyi Gardens, which were laid out by Sir Harcourt Butler, the former governor of Burma – flower beds are similar to those you would find in an English country garden! The garden has recently been renovated and is now called “Kandawgyi National Botanical Garden”.
Lunch at local restaurant.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nature Coffee Shop, Unnamed Road, Maymyo, Myanmar (Burma)
Stop at a lovely Coffee Shop for a coffee break before returning by road to Mandalay. Arrive back Mandalay and transfer to your hotel.
Meals Included: Lunch
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your hotel in Mandalay City area. Please advise your hotel's name.Drop-off at your hotel in Mandalay City area.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- As you will be visiting religious sites, please wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees, and remember to take off your shoes and socks when entering pagoda areas.
- This tour is not available during the Water Festival period between 12 to 18 Apr. During this time, everything in town is closed: restaurants, shops, markets, Museum, etc. Driving through Yangon is extremely difficult if not impossible because people celebrate the famous water-festival. You cannot avoid of getting very wet because everyone throws water at everybody. People drive through the city in open cars and there are stages along the street where people throw water. Everybody going up will get very wet.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.