From Mining to Modern Walking Tour of Denver
This 3 mile walking tour takes you near or through Denver's Auraria, Highland, and Lower Downtown (LoDo) areas. You'll learn all about the founding of the city and even see the locations of the original mining camps that brought people here searching for gold. We'll end at the newly restored Union Station, which has once again become a Denver hotspot.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Our Insider Guide to Denver, an electronic booklet written by us that is full of helpful Denver tips
What's excluded :
- Before stepping back in time to the dawn of Denver, we’ll kick off at the Colorado Convention Center to get grounded in how Denver and Colorado came to be. This abbreviated history will make sure that you have everything you need to know to get the most out of seeing all the great sites to come. From there, we will start our journey, moving into Lower Downtown (or LoDo if you’re a local), which is one of the original neighborhoods in Denver and is also one of the hottest neighborhoods right now for people to live, work, and play.
Of course, we couldn’t take a journey to see the start of Denver without taking some time to visit Auraria, the rival city that would eventually become a major area of Denver, housing 3 major educational facilities, a multi-functional arena, and a theme park. Beyond this, we’ll also visit the Highland area, the often forgotten 3rd town that would be included in the incorporation of Denver. You’ll step back into LoDo feeeling like you were there helping to found the city.
Before ending at Union Station, we’ll take you to some of the biggest urban renewal locations in the city. You’ll leave this tour feeling like you’ve gained 150 years of history in 3 hours.
Departure Point :Colorado Convention Center
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Tour ends in front of Union Station at the intersection of 17th and Wynkoop Streets.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.