From Mérida: Private tour to Izamal City with a Carriage Ride
Discover the traditions of Izamal, one of Mexico's Pueblos Magicos (Magic Towns) and a center of religious pilgrimage in the Yucatan. Visit the spacious atrium of a convent on a walking tour with your guide, ride a horse-drawn carriage through the cobblestone streets, and climb the pyramids of El Conejo and Kinich Kakmó.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation in Deluxe Mercedes Benz vehicle
- Bilingual guide
- Carriage ride (up to 4 people)
What's excluded :
- Beverages and food
- Souvenirs and personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Convento de San Antonio de Padua, Calle 31-A, Izamal 97540 Mexico
Begin your full-day tour with pickup from a meeting point in Merida and head to the center of Izamal, a designated Pueblo Magico where the Convento de San Antonio de Padua is located. This Franciscan convent was built in 1553 atop Pap-Hol-Chac (House of Thunder), which was the tallest pre-Columbian pyramid in the city.
Learn about the local history and admire the colonial architecture of its 75 arches as you stroll with your guide through the spacious atrium. See the town’s yellow-painted houses and browse for crafts from local artisans.
Next, board an antique horse-drawn carriage and traverse the city’s cobblestone streets, stopping at the Pyramid of El Conejo and the Pyramid of Kinich Kakmó. Climb the 10-level structure, the tallest archaeological structure in the Yucatan.
Conclude your visit to Izamal with return transport to Merida.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Pirámide El Conejo, 97540, Calle 22 303A, Santo Domingo, 97540 Izamal, Yucatán, Mexico
Smal archeological site within the village
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piramide de Kinich Kak Moo, Calle 27 entre 26B T 28, Izamal 97557 Mexico
Local Archeological site
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Izamal, Izamal, Yucatan Peninsula
Admire the yellow-painted houses of this town and have the opportunity of buying beautiful crafts from local artisans.
Izamal city is also known as the "City of the Three Cultures" due the presence of Pre-Columbian, Colonial and Contemporary architectural styles in its main buildings, witness of the rich history of the place.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring comfortable clothes, walking shoes, sunglasses, hat and cash (for incidentals)
- Please verify your near meeting point and schedule.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.