From Nagoya: Gujo Hachiman & Shirakawago 1-Day Tour with Lunch
Due to the mountainous nature of Japan's central region, getting around by train is difficult and time-consuming, but by joining this bus tour you can visit both Gujo and Shirakawago in a single day, departing from Nagoya !
per adult from
10 hours 10 minutes
What's included :
- Lunch - Japanese-style teppanyaki set lunch made of the local speciality 'Hidagyuu' beef.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gujo Hachiman Castle Town, Gujo 501-4218 Gifu Prefecture
Join the tour from Nagoya Station or Kanayama station and get on the way towards Gujo Hachiman aboard a comfortable air-conditioned bus.
Built in the 16th century following the construction of the Hachiman Castle, the town of Gujo Hachiman is often called ‘little Kyoto’ due to its waterways and Zen gardens creating a very traditional atmosphere of rural Japan.
People from all over the country come here to taste the mineral water that it said to be purer than bottled water.
Food sample shops in Gujo have some incredibly realistic samples on display, why not visit one of them ?
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Shirakawago, 517 Hatogaya, Shirakawa-mura, Ono-gun 501-5629 Gifu Prefecture
After eating your lunch, head for the famous gassho-zukuri (thached-roof) style houses that are spotted around this mountain village. Surrounded by rice paddies, you can hear the sounds of insects and birds if you listen. Located in a mountainous region that was cut off from the rest of the world for a long period of time, these villages with their Gassho-style houses subsisted on the cultivation of mulberry trees and the rearing of silkworms. The large houses with their steeply pitched thatched roofs are the only examples of their kind in Japan. Despite economic upheavals, the villages of Ogimachi, Ainokura, and Suganuma are outstanding examples of a traditional way of life perfectly adapted to the environment and people's social and economic circumstances.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Nagoya VIP lounge, Japan, 〒453-0015 Aichi, 愛知県Nagoya, Nakamura Ward, Tsubakichō, 14−１２ セントラルWEST名駅ビル地下1F
2: 7-ELEVEN Nagoya Kanayama Station West Store, 1 Chome-15 Kanayama, Naka Ward, Nagoya, Aichi 460-0022, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour schedule may be slightly changed depending on traffic
- Commentary on the bus may be given in English and Chinese simultaneously depending on the number of travelers
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.