From Nice towards Provence whole day private Provence tour to medieval times
Your guide will meet you at the agreed place and take you for a ride to medieval times through villages hidden in the mountains. From Grasse – world’s capital for perfume production, St Paul de Vence called village of artists, 3 milleniums old Tourettes and stunning Gourdon – the village of crystals. It will all take 8 hours. As this is a private tour, we’ll be happy to adopt it to your individual expectations.
1) After leaving Nice you will be heading directly to Grasse – which is one of the most important locations for the worldwide parfume industry. That is the only place in the world where you can learn and see how the process of extracting scents from flowers takes place. History of parfume production and factory outlet is there as well to let you the most out of it. You might be surprised of what you hear there…
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- 2) 20 minutes later we will get to one of the most elevated towns in the region – legendary Gourdon. City of cristals and unforgettable views: you may see as much as from Nice almost down to St Tropez from a platform located some 700 meters over the sea level. There is a XIII century castle with turrets cut half – incredible example of what king’s will can really accomplish. Charming old town with manufactures producing miracle looking like crystal items – even Svarovski knows the quality of the place.
3) Not away, you will experience a little adventure with chocolate and candies when visiting small manufacture of Florian that would reveal some secrets of candied fruits and flowers. On the way you will drive by breathtaking cascades and waterfalls surrounded by original rock structures and get the glimpse of mountain nature of Cote d’Azur.
4) Our journey continues towards Provance and next stop is 3000 years old village hidden among the hills – Tourrettes sur Loup. On the top of a green valley – Valley of Wolfs – and just above the river Loup there is a sleepy but fairy town remembering old primitive tribes, Roman legions, French revolution and much more. It is called today a city of violets and there is a reason for that. Two different gates on both sides give the only entrance and exit to the place and you will experience all the different styles of architecture while walking around.
5) We’ll continue to the village of artists, hidden in the hills – Saint Paul de Vence. This medieval town standing within XIV century ramparts has been called the Royal city in past. Over 100 years ago it turned into real mekka of artists – young painters, sculptors and modern designers. The trend started when Picasso, Chagall or Matisse as well as many others were coming here for inspiration – you’ll easily find out ‘why?’. It’s no different today – many yet unknown artist find their home here and you would not believe your eyes seeing what combination it brings: middle-ages narrow streets with galleries, ateliers, shopping windows full of modern art. In case you are into this direction there is more: the world’s largest collection of contemporary arts also located in St Paul in honorable museum, the Maeght Foundation.
Then your guide would take you back to Nice
Departure Point :Your Nice accommodation
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.