From Sofia: Explore the Cave of Prohodna, Saeva Dupka and Glozhene
On this day trip from Sofia, go back to nature and explore some of Bulgaria's most beautiful caves. Hike the cave of Prohodna, discover the Saeva dupka cave chambers and visit the 13th-century Glozhene monastery on Stara Planina mountain.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by new car or van
- Licensed mountain guide
- Entrance fee to the Saeva dupka cave
- Local guide at the Saeva dupka cave
- All local taxes
What's excluded :
- Gratuities to the guide and the driver (optional)
- Food & Beverages
- Entrance fees for museums and other attractions, except the Saeva dupka cave
- Personal travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
After the pick-up at your hotel or accommodation in Sofia, and enjoy a scenic drive through the Balkan Mountains to arrive at the Iskar Gorge near the village of Karlukovo. Go for a 1.5-hour nature hike on arrival to explore the natural phenomenon of the Prohodna cave. Learn why the locals call it the Eyes of God.
Journey through the largest cave passage in Bulgaria, and then continue to the Sueva dupka cave, where 5 halls and 400 meters of corridors reveal some of the most beautiful stalagmite formations in Bulgaria.
Continue in the afternoon with a visit to the 13th-century Glozhene Monastery, perched like a bird’s nest on the northern slopes of the Stara Planina mountain. Take in the beauty of the natural surroundings before returning to Sofia in the late afternoon. Get dropped off at your hotel or accommodation on arrival.
• Experience the amazing natural phenomenon of Prohodna cave
• Learn the history of Karlukovo village
• See the stunning stalagmite formations of Saeva dupka cave
• Marvel at the 13th-century Glozhene Monastery on the cliffs of Stara Planina
• Prohodna Cave, Village Karlukovo Iskar George, Karlukovo 5782 Bulgaria
• Glozhene Monastery (Sveti Georgi Pobedonosets), Ribaritsa Bulgaria
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring Comfortable shoes, Sunglasses & Sun hat
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.