From Sofia: In the footsteps of Spartacus, Kyustendil
Departure point: Your hotel in Sofia
Departure time: 08:00 am
Duration: 10 hours (approx.)
Return details: Return to the initial departure point or wherever you would want to go in Sofia
• Zemen monastery
• The city of Kyustendil
• The Ottoman bridge in the village of Nevestino
• The ancient sanctuary close to the village of Nevestino
In 73 year B.C. was the biggest rebellion of slaves against the Roman republic. Their idea was led by Spartacus, the famous gladiator. In his origin, he was a Thracian, from the tribe Medi. In this tour we’ are going in the lands of this tribe, searching some pieces of the past.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide/driver
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bulgarian Fairy Tale, Ivailo str. 20 Macedonia square, Sofia 1606 Bulgaria
* Zemen monastery
*The city of Kyustendil
*The Ottoman bridge in the village of Nevestino
*The ancient sanctuary close to the village of Nevestino
At first we’ are going to Zemen monastery, which dated from the XIth century and you can see what look like one provincial church from the Middle Ages. The transfer from Sofia to Zemen is less than 2 hours. From Zemen we’ll go directly to Kyustendil and we’ll see the Roman ruins around the thermal baths of the ancient city Pautalia. The guide will provide you in the little streets of Kyustendil and tell you why is famous with its festivals of the cherry. Free time of 1.5 hours for lunch and enjoying the city. From Kyustendil, we’ll stop for a short break to see Kadin bridge and to look Struma river. From there we’ll drive to the village of Liliach, where we’ ll see a sanctuary, that was worshiped by Thracians, Romans, Christians. According to the legend, the wife of Justin I the Great came here to make her dream come true. Transfer to Sofia.
Come with us to make legends be alive!
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in Sofia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.