From Sofia: Rila mountain and Belmeken
The highest mountain in the Balkan peninsula – Rila. Join the adventure.
Hike to see the incredible landscape, to reach peaks - Belmeken, Sivri chal, Kameniti chal, and Soufan.
Join in that extreme trip to find the harmony, to discover some legends and tales, to taste a piece of beautiful Bulgaria.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Comfortable car
- Hiking sticks (optional)
- Professional guide
- Dinner - Dinner in a local restaurant
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Transfer from Sofia to Belmeken dam - 2,30 hours.
This is the starting point for hiking. Belmeken Dam is located in the mountain Rila, 1923 m. over sea level. From here the guide will lead you to the peak Belmeken (2627 m.)
2 hours ascent to the saddle between the peaks Ravni chal and Belmeken. Climbing the peak Belmeken using the winter markers – 30 minutes. Reaching the peak, you'll be rewarded with magnificent views of Eastern Rila and Western Rhodopi mountains.
Descent to the saddle between Belmeken and Ravni chal - 20 minutes. Walking along the mountain ridge between Ravni chal and Sivri chal(2641 m.) and climbing along the steep path with pillars and steel rope to the peak- 1,30 hours. Enjoy the magnificent views – to Musala peak, which is the highest peak in the mountain Rila and Balkan peninsula (2925 m.), the mountains Pirin and Rhodopi.
Hike from Sivri chal through over the peaks Kameniti chal and Soufan and descent back to Belmeken dam.
The guide will stop in a traditional restaurant between the spa resort Kostenets and the town Momin prohod to taste Bulgarian traditional cuisine.
Elevation: 710 m.
• Rila Mountains, Rila Bulgaria
• Belmeken Dam, Rila Bulgaria
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.