From Sofia: Rila mountain and the Scary lake
Rila- the highest mountain in Bulgaria and the Balkan peninsula. Rila is a very old name with the meaning “The water mountain”. Rila has more than 120 lakes.
In that adventure, you’ll see seven of them. Six of them are in the group of Mineral lakes and the Scary lake in the most famous. The picturesque location gave so many legends about the lake, which is below the peaks of Kupenite, Priest’s head. Rest close to Yonchevo lake to feel the magic of the mountain.
Join in that extreme trip to find harmony, to discover some legends and tales in the mountain of wisdom.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hiking sticks for the trip (optional)
- Comfortable car
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
The transfer from Sofia to the Mountain school is 2 hours. The average hiking among the lakes is 7/8 hours. The elevation is 730 meters.
After 1 hour walking, you’ll reach the hut Maliovitsa and you can make breakfast. The hiking from the hut to the Scary lake is less than 3 hours. Break at the shores of the Scary lake. Scary lake – 2451m.
Going down to Yonchevo lake – 1,5 hours.
Yonchevo lake – 2106 m. From the lake to the Mountain school is a little bit more than 1 hour.
The transfer to Sofia is 2 hours. After this adventurous hike, you’ll be blessed by the mountain god with fairy memories!
• Rila National Park, Rila Bulgaria
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All locations in Sofia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.