From Sofia: Rozhen monastery and Melnik with wine tasting
Melnik is 3 words – wineries, history, and tradition. This is the smallest town in Bulgaria, surrounded by natural phenomena – rock pyramids! Come with us to taste different wines, to walk over the pyramids, and to listen to the stories from the guide about Melnik and Rozhen monastery!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide/ driver
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Wine tasting in the Museum of wine
- Entry/Admission - The Melnik Pyramids
- Entry/Admission - Kordopulova House
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rozhen Monastery, Rozhen, Melnik 2820 Bulgaria
The transfer from Sofia to Rozhen monastery is 2,5 hours. After this long journey with the car, you will be surprised by the frescoes of the monastery, built during the Middle Ages.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: The Melnik Pyramids, Pirin Planina, Melnik Bulgaria
The Rocky pyramids of Melnik
The fortress of despot Slav
The Museum of Vine
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kordopulova House, Melnik Bulgaria
Visit the house of a businessman from the XIXth. century.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Melnik, Melnik, Blagoevgrad Province
Transfer from Rozhen monastery to Melnik is less than 15 minutes. In the Middle Ages, the town had often changed its sovereignty. The fortress over the town was the residence of the nobleman Alexius Slav and may he enjoyed the magnificent panorama of the rocky pyramids. The walk to the fortress is less than 20 minutes with a reward - scenic views.
Later the guide will lead you to the Museum of the wine to taste more than 3 different wines from the region.
Free time for lunch and feel the town – 1,5 hours.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.