From the Andes to the Pacific Ocean - 6 Days
From the Andes to the Pacific Ocean
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de San Pedro de Atacama
- Entry/Admission - Regional Museum of Iquique
What's excluded :
Day 1: San Pedro de Atacama – Calama – Tocopilla
Stop At: Iglesia de San Pedro de Atacama, Central Square, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
Early start of roadtrip towards the coast:
Quick visit of the Valle Arcoiris and Hierbas Buenas Petroglyphs. Then another 50km to Calama with stop at the copper mines mirador and then the Chug Chug geoglyphs. Straight towards west, we reach the desert sea coast until Tocopilla where we will stop for lunch around 2pm. In the afternoon, we go north on the coast towards Iquique with panoramic stops on the road and arrival for check-in Hotel and sunset on the top of the huge dunes above the city.
Duration: 16 hours
Accommodation included: Hotel NH in Iquique
Day 2: Iquique – Pica
Stop At: Regional Museum of Iquique, Baquedano 951, Iquique 1113088 Chile
Sightseeing starting by visiting the Gruta de Lourdes Church and the Thematic Park in the Cavancha beach. We will walk through the Baquedano Street, with its Georgian-style houses. Optional visits to the Palacio Astoreca museum and/or the Regional museum. Then, reaching the Prat square, we will see the Clock Tower and the Municipal Theater. We will also visit the Cathedral, the Rimac Palace (ex customs) and the Prat Dock. Either we lunch in Iquique, or we drive first to Pica (depends on pace of morning visit). Drive to Matilla and Pica early afternoon and arrival in 1.5 – 2 hours. Matilla is an ancient oasis with wine production and national monuments such as the S.Antonio church. Then Pica, a pre-columbian settlement, is located at the source of pure freshwater spring. This oasis is a grove of oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits, mangos and guayaba. It also counts on spring water rustic pools for visitors. Arrival to the cabañas and overnight in Pica.
Duration: 1 day
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- El Loa Airport, Calama Chile
- Arturo Merino Benitez Airport, Santiago Chile
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.