From Venice to the Heart of the Dolomites - Private Tour By Car
Daily Private Tour of a total of 400 km through the breathtaking Dolomites, one of the most beautiful and unique alpine regions in the world, a masterpiece of the nature included in the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2009.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private tour
- Pick up and drop off in Piazzale Roma in Venice
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transfer by water bus from the customer's Hotel (if in the historic center of Venice) to Piazzale Roma in Venice
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cortina d'Ampezzo, Cortina d'Ampezzo, Province of Belluno, Veneto
From Venice we travel north for 2 and a half hours to reach the most famous lake in the Dolomites, just a few kilometers from the border with Austria, the incredible Braies Lake that attracts more than 5000 visitors a day;
Along the road we will have the chance to have coffee in the famous Cortina d'Ampezzo, site of the Winter Olympic Games in 1956;
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lago di Misurina, Frazione di Auronzo di Cadore., Auronzo di Cadore Italy
Then we will visit the heart of the Dolomites, the Misurina Lake with the famous Three Peaks of Lavaredo: these are the best known mountains in the Alps as well as the most photographed and the most represented on postcards and calendars.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Tre Cime di Lavaredo, 32041, Auronzo di Cadore Italy
The Three Peaks are situated in the Three Peaks nature park and in 2009 they were declared UNESCO World Heritage, as were all other peaks of the Dolomites.
The Tre Cime di Lavaredo (”Three peaks of Lavaredo” or “Drei Zinnen”) are a bizarre and striking alpenstock belonging to the Sesto Dolomites, mainly characterised by its distinctive form. Due to this special shape, these three pinnacles are world-famous and are considered to be the symbol of the Dolomites. The famous north face of this alpenstock belongs to the municipal territory of Dobbiaco, whereas the southern part of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo belongs to the province of Belluno. In other words, the borderline between the two provinces passes above the Tre Cime di Lavaredo summits.
However, the famous alpenstock consists of the Cima Grande (2,999 m) which is the pinnacle in the middle, the Cima Piccola (2,857 m) and the Cima Ovest (west peak, 2,973 m). The view on the north face of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo is one of the most famous alpine images and views all over the world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Via Lago di Dobbiaco SS. Alemagna, 39034 Dobbiaco Italy
Just 20 minutes from Misurina we will have the opportunity for a brief stop at another important lake in the Eastern Dolomites, Lake Dobbiaco.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lago di Braies, 39030 Braies Italy
From Dobbiaco in about 20 minutes we reach the extreme North-East Italy a few kilometers from the border with Austria for the visit to the famous Braies Lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Loc. Passo Giau, 32020 Colle Santa Lucia Italy
To the west of Cortina we will pass on one of the most scenic passes of the Dolomites, the Giau Pass (2,236 m above sea level);
On the way back we will use another panoramic road of the Dolomites that will lead us, through the Staulanza Pass, back to Venice.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazzale Roma, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.