From Venice: Wine Tour in the Euganean Hills
DISCOVER THE VOLCANIC HILLS OF VENICE BY TASTING THEM
The Euganean Hills are a group of hills of volcanic origin that rise to heights of 300 to 600 m from the Padovan-Venetian plain a few km south of Venice.
Accompanied by the Local Tour Leader you will enter the heart of the Euganean Hills to discover, thanks to the visit in two renowned wineries of the Euganean territory, the best wine production in the area. Here the particular volcanic origin of the soil and the good climate allows the cultivation of various vines. Among the white wines: the Serprino, biotype of the Glera vine, is the “volcanic” version of Prosecco; the Pinot bianco; the Garganega, the Chardonnay and Manzoni. Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Carmènere have found space among the reds.
Between a walk through the vineyards, a visit to the cellar and several wine tastings paired with typical local products we will listen to the wise tale of the winemakers about the expressions of their best wines.
per adult from
3 to 7 hours
What's included :
- 3 wine-tastings in 2 wineries of the Euganean Hills paired with typical products
- Guided visit to 2 different wine estate
- Guided tour of the Euganean region
- Small, intimate group of 8 people or fewer
- Insurance and technical organization of our certified travel agency
- Roundtrip transportation
- Traditional Italian life with your local guide
- Travel agency local tour leader accompaniment
- Entry/Admission - Parco Regionale dei Colli Euganei
What's excluded :
- Everyting not indicated
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Terme Euganee di Abano e Montegrotto, Via Castello 5, 35036 Montegrotto Terme Italy
The Euganean Spas of Abano Montegrotto are one of the most famous spa destination in the world. Our tour will start from here.
Pass By: Castello del Catajo, Via Cataio 1, 35041 Battaglia Terme Italy
Castello del Catajo is a patrician rural palace near the town of Battaglia Terme.
It had its origins in a simple villa that was rebuilt and extravagantly enlarged in the manner of a feudal castle from 1570 onwards by Marquess Pio Enea I degli Obizzi, a member of an Italian noble family of French origin.
Pass By: Borgo Fluviale di Battaglia Terme, Battaglia Terme Italy
Battaglia lies at the easternmost edge of the volcanic Euganean Hills. The construction of the navigable Battaglia canal in the early 13th century brought traffic and growth to the town which commanded a central position at the confluence of several canals in the network of barge traffic that linked Este and Padua, the Adriatic, the Lagoon of Venice and the north by means of the Brenta Canal, the canalized Bacchiglione and the Adige.
Pass By: Garden of Villa Barbarigo, Via Diana 2, 35030 Valsanzibio, Galzignano Terme Italy
Known as one of the most beautiful garden of Italy, the Garden of Valsanzibio is famous now all over the world.The Garden is located in Galzignano Terme, a little town in the heart of Euganean Hills. This area, since the beginning of the XIVth century, was preferred by the Venetian Nobility as perfect location for their wonderful Ville Venete: it was a symbol of the economic power and, at the same time, oasis of peace and tranquilly.
Stop At: Parco Regionale dei Colli Euganei, Via Rana Ca' Mori 8, 35042 Este Italy
The Euganean Hills are a group of hills of volcanic origin that rise to heights of 300 to 600 m from the Padovan-Venetian plain a few km south of Venice. Splendid landscapes between vineyards and olive groves, alternated by castles, villas and small medieval villages are waiting for you.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :1: Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia, 30121 Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
2: Padua, Province of Padua, Italy
3: Terme Euganee - Abano - Montegrotto, 35036 Montegrotto Terme, Province of Padua, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
FROM PADUAYou'll find your local tour leader (with the blue minivan Lovivo branded) in front of your hotel. FROM TERME EUGANEEYou'll find your local tour leader (with the blue minivan Lovivo branded) in front of your hotel or at the Terme Euganee train stationFROM VENICEReach Terme Euganee by train from Venice (we'll send you train ticket via e-mail)You will meet your local tour leader at 2.40 pm at the train station “Terme Euganee Abano-Montegrotto” in Montegrotto Terme. You'll find your local tour leader (with the blue minivan Lovivo branded) in the little square outside the “Terme Euganee Abano-Montegrotto” train station. We'll provide the train ticket for you.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.