From Vilnius: Private Day Tour to Hill of Crosses
This is a private tour for individual travellers, families, group of friends or couples. Enjoy a full day tour with your private guide visiting unique saint place Hill of Crosses. Be your own boss on selected excursion with plenty of time for pictures, stops for coffee and lunch.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Pick up from hotel/apartment/other place
- Licensed english speaking guide
- Free time for a lunch break
- Entry/Admission - Kryziu Kalnas
What's excluded :
- Food and bevereges
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kryziu Kalnas, Jurgaiciai 81439 Lithuania
Lithuania's fabled Hill of Crosses is a symbol of defiance as much as a pilgrimage site. More than 200,000 crosses have been planted on this low hill, many of them strung with rosary beads that rattle softly in the breeze. The tradition began during the 1831 Uprising and reached its height in the 1960s, in defiance of anti-religious Soviet rule. At night locals crept here to lay crosses, infuriating their oppressors.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels, apartments,airport, other places agreed with client
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.