From Yangon: 2 Days 1 Night Excursion to Golden Rock
Learn not only about the spiritual heart of the Buddhism but also discover the natural beauty of the region around Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock). This is an adventure trip as you must take a ride by an open truck from the base camp to the mountain top.
• Make a pilgrimage tour up to Mount Kyaiktiyo, home of the famous Golden Rock Pagoda.
• Admire the gilded dome of the Shwemawdaw Pagoda and see the Great Reclining Buddha Image, Shwetharlyang Pagoda in Bago.
• Visit the War Cemetery which is maintained by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- All sightseeing tour and transfer services with private air conditioned car/coach as detailed in our itinerary,
- Accommodation in shared twin / triple room with breakfast at hotels as specified,
- Supplement for Single room – USD 120 per person,
- Transfers and tours with English speaking stationed guide,
- Service charges, room tax and baggage handling
- Entry/Admission - Kyaiktiyo Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Shwemawdaw Paya
- Entry/Admission - Shwethalyaung Buddha
- Entry/Admission - Kyaik Pun Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Services not mentioned in our itinerary, Meals not specified (lunch & dinner)
- Visa fee for Myanmar, International flight tickets to/from Yangon,
- Tips for your guide and driver, Camera Fee, Personal expenses, Travel insurance
Day 1: Yangon – Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock)
Stop At: Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, Kin Pun Myanmar
Approx. 0800 A.M., pick up from your hotel in Yangon and drive to Golden Rock. En route, visit a tree shrine dedicated to legendary animist spirits known as "Nats", a handicraft village that produces woven bamboo wares. Continue to Kin Pun "base camp" (110 km - 3½ hours) and onward to Kyaiktiyo (the "Golden Rock"), a huge boulder completely covered by gold leaves and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff. From Kin Pun, a steep and rough 11-km dirt road leads to the upper staging point, a journey made in open trucks, which can be very crowded. On arrival, watch the beauty of a sunset at this important pilgrimage site. Both lunch and dinner to your own account. Accommodation at Hotel near Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock).
Duration: 6 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Accommodation at Mountain Top Hotel (or) Kyaikhto Hotel (3* hotel).
Day 2: Golden Rock – Bago – Yangon
Stop At: Shwemawdaw Paya, Bago Myanmar
Breakfast at hotel. Return to Yangon via Bago. Sightseeing in Bago includes the Great Shwemawdaw Pagoda, which is over a thousand years old.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Shwethalyaung Buddha, Bago Myanmar
Its spire is even taller than that of Yangon's Shwedagon Pagoda, the 55-meter-long reclining Shwe Thalyaung Buddha Image, one of the country's most revered objects.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Kyaik Pun Pagoda, Bago Myanmar
Then, continue drive to Yangon, with a brief stop at Kyaik Pun Pagoda, famous for its four giant Buddha figures.
Duration: 20 minutes
Accommodation included: Accommodation at Mountain Top Hotel (or) Kyaikhto Hotel (3* hotel)
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your hotel in Yangon City area. Please advise your hotel's name.Drop-off at your hotel in Yangon City area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As you will be visiting religious sites, please wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees, and remember to take off your shoes and socks when entering pagoda areas.
- This tour is not available during the Water Festival between 12 to 18 Apr. During this time, everything in town is closed: restaurants, shops, markets, Museum, etc. Driving through the city is extremely difficult if not impossible because people celebrate the famous water-festival. You cannot avoid of getting very wet because everyone throws water at everybody. People drive through the city in open cars and there are stages along the street where people throw water. Everybody going up will get very wet.
- Due to road conditions, travel in this region is not recommended during the monsoon season (June - September).
- Please note that there will be a compulsory Christmas Eve Dinner on 24 Dec & New Year Eve Dinner on 31 Dec at most of the hotels. We will keep you informed.
- Yangon: Not included
- Golden Rock: Mountain Top Hotel (Deluxe room) or similar
- Within 60-31 days prior to arrival date – 20%
- Within 30-16 days prior to arrival date – 50%
- Within 15 days prior to arrival date – 100%
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.