From Yangon: Full Day Excursion to Bago
Uncover the highlights of Bago, a wonderful just 2 hours drives out of Yangon, on a 1 day tour with an experienced guide. Your guide will share you the great knowledge of the history and culture about the real life of Myanmar and its customs.
• You can learn about the local traditions and culture of old Mon Kingdom Bago.
• Learn the life of monks at Kya Khat Wine Monastery where you can watch the monks accepting the meals from the donors and peacefully having their meals.
• Enjoy having lunch at local restaurant.
• Lean about the History of late King Bayint Naung and its late Palace site.
• Visit the gilded dome of the Shwemawdaw Pagoda and Great Reclining Buddha Image Shwetharlyang Pagoda.
• Visit to Mahazedi, different in structure built by King Bayint Naung.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private sightseeing with English speaking guide & air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Zone fee in Bago
- Pick up & drop off at your Hotel in Yangon
- Snow towel & purified drinking wate
- Entry/Admission - Shwemawdaw Paya
- Entry/Admission - Shwethalyaung Buddha
What's excluded :
- Hotel accommodation,
- Meals (dinner) not specified in itinerary,
- Tips for your guide and driver, Camera Fee, Personal expenses, Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taukkyan War Cemetery, No 1 Pyay Road, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
In the morning at 07:30 A.M., pick-up at your hotel and drive from Yangon to Bago 84 km (approximately 2 hours driving time) from Yangon. The way to Bago leads through a picturesque rural landscape of paddy fields and small villages. Bago, formerly called Pegu, is an ancient port and capital was founded in the year 825 by two Mon princes.
Visit Htaukkyant War Cemetery, situated between Bago and Yangon. It houses the graves of more than 27,000 allied soldiers. The Commonwealth War Graves Commission administers this beautifully landscaped cemetery.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Shwemawdaw Paya, Bago Myanmar
Upon arrival in Bago, visit includes the Shwemawdaw Pagoda, which is over a thousand years old. Repaired after an earthquake in the 1930’s, the pagoda has an impressive spire, one that is even taller than that of Yangon’s Shwedagon Pagoda. Also visit to Hinthargone Pagoda, where you can see the Nat Shrine. You can also enjoy or experience the ways of worshiping the Nats by its Nat Worshippers.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kyaly Khat Wai Monastery, Bago Myanmar
Then, at about 10:40 A.M. proceed to Kya Khat Wine Monastery, where more than 400 monks line up soundlessly and in orderly queues every morning at 11:00 A.M. for the last meal of the day. When witnessing the monks exact routine, speaking and interfering is not allowed and visitors have to adhere to a strict observing only policy.
Enjoy your Lunch at a local restaurant.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kambazathadi Golden Palace, Nr. Shwemawdaw Pagoda, Bago Myanmar
Visit Kanbawzathadi Golden Palace, which is a reconstruction of the original Royal Palace from the second half of the 16th century. The very ornate golden palace gives a good impression of the splendor and wealth of the second Burmese empire. It was rebuilt following the original design, based on knowledge gained from excavations and the original drawings of the building. The huge palace consisted of 76 apartments and halls.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shwethalyaung Buddha, Bago Myanmar
Then, visit to the enormous (55 meters long and 15 meters high) reclining Shwethalyaung Buddha image, one of the country’s most revered objects. At the nearby local market, agricultural produce grown locally is on sale. Visit also Maharzedi Pagoda with its impressive bell-shaped stupa. This is a tour that gives insight into the history and culture of this region. Return to Yangon and transfer back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your hotel in Yangon City area. Please advise your hotel's name.Drop-off at your hotel in Yangon City area.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As you will be visiting religious sites, please wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees, and remember to take off your shoes and socks when entering pagoda areas
- This tour is not available during the Water Festival between 12 to 18 Apr. During this time, everything in town is closed: restaurants, shops, markets, etc. Driving through Yangon and Bago is extremely difficult if not impossible because people celebrate the famous water-festival. You cannot avoid of getting very wet because everyone throws water at everybody. People drive through the city in open cars and there are stages along the street where people throw water. Everybody going up will get very wet.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.