Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos Small-Group Day Trip from Lisbon
Discover the history and natural beauty of Portugal on a small-group day trip to Fátima, Nazaré and Óbidos from Lisbon. One of the most important Christian sites in the world, Fátima is home to the Sanctuary of Fatima, which honors the 1917 apparition of Our Lady of Fatima (another name for the Virgin Mary). After your visit, you’ll explore the coastal fishing town of Nazaré and the medieval village of Óbidos, stopping at the Batalha Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on the way. Enjoy picturesque views of the Atlantic Ocean and agricultural landscapes as you travel along the dramatic cliffs of the Portugal coast. Throughout your tour, you’ll learn interesting facts and hear stories from your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Ginja liqueur tasting
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided visit inside monuments and buildings
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica de Nossa Senhora do Rosario de Fatima, Rua de Rainha Santa Isabel 26, Fatima 2495-424 Portugal
Get comfortable in an air-conditioned vehicle as you start your journey toward the town of Fátima, a once-sleepy rural village that became an important pilgrimage site when three shepherd children reported apparitions of the Virgin Mary in 1917. Visit the Sanctuary of Fatima, a basilica that honors the apparition and attracts millions of Catholic pilgrims every year who go to pay their respects to the shrine
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Batalha Monastery, Largo Infante Dom Henrique 2440, Batalha 2440-484 Portugal
Next, visit the 14th-century Batalha Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that illustrates the rich artistic heritage of the late 1300s. Discover the impressive royal burial site at the basilica’s Founder’s Chapel, where King João I, Queen Philippa of Lancaster and their son Prince Henry the Navigator were buried.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Praia da Nazare, Nazare Portugal
Take a short break for lunch (own expense) in Nazaré, a quaint fishing town famous for its variety of restaurants and cafes. A popular summer retreat for the Portuguese, the village offers an interesting insight into local life. Short stop at the Nazaré cliffs to see the ocean views
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Baia de Sao Martinho do Porto, Avenida Marginal, Sao Martinho do Porto, Alcobaca 2460-096 Portugal
Next continue through the picturesque villages of Foz do Arelho and São Martinho do Porto. Admire views of agricultural fields and the Atlantic Ocean as you drive along the dramatic, cliff-lined coast.
Stop At: Obidos Village, Obidos Portugal
Finally, make your way to the medieval village of Óbidos. Founded in 208 BC, Óbidos is commonly known in Portugal as the 'wedding present town', as it was a gift from King Dinis to Queen Isabel on their wedding day in 1282. Follow your guide to one of the numerous wine shops and sample the Ginja liqueur, and then enjoy free time to explore the village’s medieval fortress, narrow streets, colorful houses and Gothic doorways and windows decorated with flowerpots and dazzling tiles. Grab a snack or browse around the tiny shops that offer a varied collection of beautiful handmade ceramic art before making your way back to Lisbon.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Hard Rock Cafe Lisbon, Av. da Liberdade 2, 1250-144 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Infant / child seats are mandatory for children aged 0-11. These are available on request if child age is advised at time of booking.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.