Full-Day 4WD Tour to Fogo Volcano
At 947m above the sea level rises Pico da Barrosa, where throughout the route we can observe the diversity of the local fauna and flora. An enormous crater hides the glamorous Lagoa do Fogo at the top of the Fogo (Fire) Volcano at 575m above sea level. The beauty of the scenery sharpens ours senses with the luxurious vegetation – some endemic – from a spectacular landscape that reveals the magnificence of what nature presents us, on a journey that will last in your memory.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Driver/Certified nature guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the natural monument of Caldeira Velha
- Entry/Admission - Caldeira Velha Environmental Interpretation Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salto do Cabrito, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Portugal
On the way towards Ribeira Grande city, we will stop at the refreshing waterfall scenery of Salto do Cabrito.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lagoa do Fogo, Miradouro da Serra Barrosa Agua de Pau, Sao Miguel Portugal
The Fogo Volcanic Complex, with an area of 2182ha , features an abundance of species of endemic flora and secondary volcanism manifestations, that consists on fumaroles and hot springs.
The caldera of the Fogo Volcano is the smallest caldera collapse of the island of São Miguel, with about 15 thousand years.
Given to its location in altitude, it is the most natural area and with the less human intervention suffered. It is an important hydrologic resource being classified as a Nature Reserve since 1974.
Because of its structure, it plays an extremely important role particularly in the replacement of underground water, regulation of the water cycle, biomass production, retention of sediments and nutrients and is therefore classified as Ramsar site.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Caldeira Velha Environmental Interpretation Centre, Estrada Regional da Lagoa do Fogo, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel 9600-501 Portugal
Down the northwest flank of the Fogo volcano, we find the natural monument of Caldeira Velha, a major Geosite, composed of fumaroles and thermal spring water. Secondary volcanism area with rocky hills covered by lush vegetation with a cascade of thermal hot water, where a thermal bath is recommended.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Av. Infante Dom Henrique 17, 9500-101 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick Up in a range of 20km from Ponta Delgada city centerAirports
- Nordela Airport, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Portugal
- Ponta Delgada Central, 9500-085 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled due to extreme weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Carpe Diem dream tours is certified as Clean & Safe by the Regional Tourism Directorate fulfilling all the precautionary measures to Covid-19
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.