Full day Adventure Trip to Mt. Popa & Salay
We believe our customer's delight is the pinnacle of success in everything we do. Therefore, our voyages are unique to others, where we provide more.
In this trip, you will be able to explore a monastery called "Salay Yoke SoneKyaung" which is rich in ancient architect [close on every Monday and public holidays]
Mount Popa, an extinct volcano, 45km away from Bagan and is regarded as the birthplace of “Nats” (the spirits of Myanmar).
At the top will offer incredible 360-degree views of the surrounding plains.
Experience the daily life of residents at Chauk Market
Take a day trip from Bagan to Salay and Popa
Join local pilgrims on a climb up to Mount Popa’sNat shrine; witness the production of traditional toddy palm wine
Visit Salay Yoke SoneKyaung
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Purified Drinking Bottled Water Air-conditioned private car service for whole day Entry/Admission fees for Salay
- Entry/Admission - Salay House
- Entry/Admission - Mount Popa
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses Beverages Gratuities Camera Fee, Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salay House, 481 Strand Road, Bagan Myanmar
You will be picked up from your hotel / airport and start drive to your very first place of visit - Chauk Market where you can explore a wide range of goods from fresh fruits and vegetables to clothes and crafts. Then continue drive to Salayand visit the Monastery - home to a 130-year old monastery with 52 pagodas and temples dating back to Bagan Era. Woodcarving depicting Buddha’s life is one of the most unique features of the monastery.
Then we will provide typical Myanmar lunch @ Salay House.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Mount Popa, Kyauk Padaung Road, Popa Myanmar
After lunch, continue drive up to Mt. Popa - an extinct volcano which is known as “Home of the Spirits” and you can observe the life of rural area and the cottage industry such as producing the palm sweets. We may stop at several places for making the photos and knowing the countryside. Climb up 777 steps to reach the top of Mt. Popa cliff temple and along the ascent you will pass by many shrines, and ‘Nat’ holy sites, and learn about the curious legends which surround the mountain. At the top you will find Mt.Popa Monastery, which offers incredible 360-degree views of the surrounding plains, enjoy the landscapes, the panoramic view of extinct volcano and plain to Bagan.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Nyaung-u Airport, Nyaung U, Bagan Myanmar
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.