Full-Day Akagera National Park Safari from Kigali
Enjoy a full-day tour to the Akagera National Park. Known as one of the most scenic savannahs in East Africa, you will get the opportunity to see plenty of animals including elephants, giraffes, buffaloes, zebras, hippos, crocodiles and more.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Akagera National Park
What's excluded :
- Your driver/guide guide will meet you at your hotel in Kigali at 5.30am and give you a short briefing before you drive to the Eastern part of the country to the Akagera National Park. Arriving in the Akagera National Park (125 km/2.5 hrs) you proceed on a morning game viewing drive in this African Savannah park.
Plenty of animals can be seen, including elephants, giraffes, buffaloes, zebras, hippos, crocodiles and also many other mammal species. Known as one of the most scenic savannahs in East Africa, the game drive in Akagera provides you with the opportunity to also view gentle hills blending beautifully with lowland swamps and water bodies.
Dominated by the labyrinth of swamps and lakes that follow the meandering Akagera River, the most remote source of River Nile, Akagera National Park (1,075 km²) is archetypal African savannah; tangled acacia woodland interspersed with open grassland but above all, Akagera is big game country! Herds of elephant and buffalo emerge from the woodland to drink at the lakes; lucky visitors might see a leopard, a spotted hyena, even a stray lion. Giraffe and zebra haunt the savannah and more than a dozen types of antelope inhabit the park, most commonly the handsome chestnut-coated impala and the world’s largest antelope, the statuesque Cape Eland. Alongside the picturesque lakes, pods of 50+ hippopotamus grunt and splutter throughout the day, while out sized crocodiles soak up the sun with their vast jaws menacingly agape. And lining the lakes; some of the continent’s densest concentrations of water birds, amongst the parks over 500 recorded species.
In the late afternoon, exit with more game viewing en-route and drive back to Kigali.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked from your hotel in Kigali Rwanda for your tour a 05:30 hrs
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.