Full day Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna Waterfall and Hotsprings
The tour that has it all!!
In this tour we will proudly show you the spectaculair nature that La Fortuna area has to offer. We will take you allong rivers, over high hanging bridges, jungle staircases, mountain trails, the magnificent la Fortuna waterfall, butterfly garden, Maleku Indian village, giant tree forest, el lago verde, lava rock fields, the highest scenic Arenal viewpoint, Wildlife watching and to end visit a Hot spring resort with natural mineral hotwater. All of this including, entrance fees, expert guide, warm typical lunch, fruitbreak, coffee break, cacique cocktail and mudmask.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (In la Fortuna area)
- Small-group tour (10 persons per group)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotspring resort fee
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Dinner not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red Lava Tourist Service Center, Local 3 edificio Adifort, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
Our day begins…After picking you up we go on a short drive to get to our departure point. Here we start with an easy forest walk along the crystal clear La Fortuna river. En route we hop on a tractor cart that takes us up hill to a panoramic viewpoint.
Having seen our objective in the distance we start a trek down a jungle staircase. Halfway down we reach a high suspension bridge that needs to be conquered to continue. The trail leads us further down the huge canyon that was shaped by a volcanic mega eruption.
Coming to the end of the canyon the spectacular La Fortuna waterfall awaits you. Be amazed by the lush vegetation on its 70mtr high walls, the huge Vulcanic rocks at its foot and the amount of water splashing down in its massive pool. We take time to bask in its beauty and the brave ones can go out and take a super refreshing dip.
Getting back to the viewpoint we walk down to the little village of the Maluku Indians. Seated in their Palenke (main house) we enjoy a rest while listening to an interesting story about their culture, art and history.
Having been active for some hours the moment has come to enjoy a warm typical lunch. Next to the restaurant there is a butterfly garden and frog pond you can explore till food is served.
Reenergized we take a 15minute ride to the park at the foot of the Arenal volcano. We start on a trail through primary forest where you can see big trees with huge roots. Besides a variety of birds the forest is host to Monkeys as well as Sloth´s and Coati’s.
Out of the forest, we cross farmland till we get to a green lake. Passing a cemetery of the eruption victims we reach the wall of Lava from the ´68 eruption. Going up some steep steps we arrive on top of the huge mass of lava rocks. Following a trail that is cut out through the rocks we climb our way up the slopes of the Arenal. Reaching the highest Viewpoint that exist around the Volcano we can absorb the most spectacular panoramic views. Looking around it just gets better, Lake Arenal, Jungle, the Valley, Lava fields and most of all the Arenal that towering over you
To finish the tour in the most relaxing way, you will be taken to the natural hot water river. You can relax in its soothing warm water for about an hour and you can enjoy a volcanic mud facial and a complementary cocktail.
Around 5:30 pm we will take you back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Red Lava TSC, 470, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us for have an exact pick up time in your hotel If you have a Airbnb we need a reference point for the pick up (Restaurant o supermarket close to the place)If your hotel or Airbnb is not in the pick up area you need come to our office in la Fortuna bus terminal at the time of the tour
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.