Full-Day Assisi and Orvieto Private Tour from Florence
Assisi and Orvieto tour from Florence will let you to discover a couple of ancient villages with a keen eye on the religious architecture of Umbria.
Orvieto is a small town of Etruscan origin, where you can admire the beautiful 14th century Cathedral, a triumph of Gothic-Romanesque architecture. In the early afternoon, you will arrive in Assisi and with your guide you will take a stroll through the alleys of the town. You will admire the Church of Santa Chiara, the place where San Francesco was born and the house where he lived the first years of his life, the Roman Temple dedicated to Minerva and the Palazzo Comunale. Near the ancient walls of the town lays the Basilica of San Francesco decorated internally with beautiful frescoes of the XII-XIV century. A stop for lunch is included ( at your own expense )
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation by luxury vehicle and English speaking driver
- Professional English speaking guide ( 2 hours in Assisi )
- Admission tickets to St. Francis Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Optional gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orvieto, Orvieto, Province of Terni, Umbria
With a very suggestive definition, Orvieto has been called "the strange and tall city". It is easy to understand why, observing from below the Umbrian town standing above the tuff cliff below. From a distance, especially by night, it seems suspended in the sky whereas by daytime, it appears barely leaning against the clouds. A small treasure trove of art, it is famous all over the world for its Cathedral, a marvel of European Gothic architecture and San Patrizio well, a masterpiece of hydraulic engineering.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Assisi, Assisi, Province of Perugia, Umbria
"Assisi is a great thing, country, city and sanctuary", wrote Giosuè Carducci, one of the most appreciated italian poets.
Country, because it has all the characteristics of the Umbrian village: perched on top of a hill overlooking the valley, small, composed, equal over the centuries.
City, because Assisi has played a fundamental role in the history of the world: from here St. Francis left to change (or at least try) the church.
Sanctuary, because of the passage of St Francis and St Chiara small and large churches remain, miraculous places, crypts that attract thousands of worshippers every year.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide transportation from all the Hotels, B&B and other facilities in the city center of Florence
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for people with mobility impairment
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.